Why Everyone hates Universal health care

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Sure the thead is about healthcare but the point is that you want money and greed out of the system but don't have any problems with lawyers suing the same system for mistakes or huge sums of money.
    Why isn't there more cries about other things like there is healthcare?
    What is the answer then?
    You know what I think and I have no clue where you are coming from?:huh:
    I thought you were for Obama Care or government run healthcare?
    Agree, I don't think Obama is half as smart as he makes out to be.
    How you can explain that the other healthcare systems are better then?
    I guess its all in one interpretation of better.
    I will also say that the US has the best cure rate for cancer than any other health care system according to a physician or someone from the AMS.
    Truthfully there are many reasons why other countries have lower costs.
    There is no one reason or magic formula.
    Lower wages, less patients with major issues, law suits, diets, exercise.
    They don't have Illegals clogging up the system.
    Also the good old USA is spending all the money to invent medicines and machines.
    I don't really think its any different than us spending trillions of dollars defending the rest of the world from communists or anyone else.
    I think all of this plays a role
    I just explained it I think.
    We are the ones spending most of the money for invention and innovation.
    Btw it only makes sense that healthier cultures, people come here and start to eat our diet and develop the same kind of health issues as Americans.
    Ok so you think its ok to pass it because 60% of the population is against it?
    Compromise, Are you ok with the compromises that were made to pass this?
    I know compromise happens but surely you don't think the deals that were made are good for the country?
    Its no different than ignoring that 60% or whatever it is doesn't want healthcare that is being passed.
    Just because politicians ignore things doesn't mean they are right.
    Just what are you trying to say here?

Maybe you should let me know what you believe and what you think should happen.
    I don't have anything to go on here except you agree or disagree with what I've said.
    I'm not to fond of playing hide and seek around here.
    I think my posts are pretty clear of where I stand.

The problem that I see with a credit card of sorts is that it has all kinds of personal information.
    It can be lost, stolen, etc, a whole new meaning to identity theft for starters.
    I don't know, I will think about that for a while.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Well I would argue that life expectancy has just as much to do with diet and exercise.
    It seems like you like these Canadian, European models which are cheaper.
    They are better in the fact that they are cheaper but that is where it stops.
    If you have the time to wait your fine if not you could be screwed, get your life in order, plan your funeral and get ready for burial.
    I honestly think we have the best system today, we have a private system and a government run system similar to other countries.
    It needs tweaking but it doesn't need to be done away with for a single payer system via government
    health care.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Don't Use Canada for Health-Care Model

The Wonder of Socialized Medicine - Blogcritics Politics

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Because when a lawyer sues someone, they don't die as a result?

I'm for healthcare reform. I don't follow Obama, so I don't really know the specifics of what "Obamacare" even is. Is it just a catch-all for socialized medicine now or is it specifically a plan?

Don't know. I do know that a lot of people rely on our technology, but other countries seem to make due pretty well with our technology in their system.

Every prosperous country has illegal immigrants invading their country for jobs as cheap labor. EVERY country. You just don't hear about it unless you read news from other countries. France is far more xenophobic towards Muslims than Americans, of you can believe that.

Well, I don't think that 60% of the country is against it. However, for the sake of this argument I don't think that 60% of the country would be against it if there had been more information distributed about it and less mis-information. Kinda reminds me of the gay marriage issue, which really shouldn't be an issue unless the legislation is to require it. Illegal immigration is really no different. It's a non-issue disguised as a campaign promise to distract from real positions like what Washington is doing with our money, why can't we reduce our taxes, etc.

I'm trying to say that America has a fantastic immigration policy that works well for the vast majority and its never going to change. If it did, the results would be disastrous.

It's no different than you losing one of your credit cards. It can be canceled if lost. The French are pretty smart folks.

I think that our money is being wasted with our current healthcare system. I see other countries use their money smarter than we use ours and the entire country is better for it. With the resources that our country has, I don't see why we couldn't provide healthcare for everyone and still turn profits, foster technological advancement, etc. all at the same time. I think that electronic record-keeping is probably the single-biggest step to make that would make an immediate impact in cost. It would also improve treatment for patients because if I visit my Aunt in Spokane and break my leg snowboarding, the physician will have access to my entire medical history and see what medicine's I'm currently taking, what I have taken in the past, what has worked and what has not, what other bones I have broken, etc. and assist him/her in their diagnosis and treatment.

Insurance premiums are usually cheap when they're paid through a large group. The larger the group, the cheaper the insurance. I don't see why this could/would not apply with a government administered option. It would be paid for via taxes and with millions of fellow citizens, would this not allow for a cheaper premium out of my pocket? With so many potential patients, it should be pretty easy for me to find a physician who will accept my plan.

I don't think that complete government-run healthcare would be good for anyone. Sure physicians become healers because they enjoy helping people, but money is also a big part of the equation. You start messing with someone's paycheck and they're going to find something else to do. That helps no one in the end. The government needs to play some sort of role, though to entice physicians, providers of medical technology, etc. to provide for those without healthcare. One day you might be in need of such care. Empathy is not weakness.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont buy this at all. if you are sedentary, you eat less. if you dont have 30 minutes 3 times a week to run, you simply eat less. fat people are to blame for being fat.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I knew it.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

OK SabanFan..you crossed the line when you insulted my dog, but now, posting my picture without permission. You've gone way to far this time. ;)

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If that dog can tree a squirrel and bark until I get there, I'll give you $500 for him. :thumb:

9. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Can you explain why citizens from other countries come to the US for their healthcare? If their socialzed healthcare is so wonderful, why aren't people hauling ass to their system?

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

You mean by getting service you have to pay for it.. OH MY!!!!!