Why Everyone hates Universal health care

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Dec 25, 2009.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

You make statements (mostly opinion) and attempt to support them with an occasional irrelevant fact and when someone presents another opinion or relevant facts...they're an idiot and a child.

Nice going there Ms. Pelosi! :dis:

Maybe you'll change your tune on immigration once you learn a little more about the subject. Adios amigo!

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

boy, you must be really cranky to get on yourself :lol:

1 person likes this.
  3. martin

martin Banned Forever

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I have a goatee, not a beard.

That's a simpleton's point of view. Of course if money is no object, people will travel to other countries where the best technologies, surgeons, physicians, etc. are for care. There are also other reasons, though and the US is by far not the only country that attracts people from other countries for healthcare needs. It's called "medical tourism". Many people travel to Israel for in-vitro, Brazil for cosmetic surgery, Canada for general care, Cuba for joint replacement surgery, cancer treatments, eye surgery, addictions rehabilitation, etc., Mexico for dental work, China for stem cell, orthopedic, neurology, cardiology, etc., Thailand, Singapore, etc. are all becoming large medical tourism destination and the care that all of these provide are equal to or better than what can be gotten in America for a fraction of the cost.

Of course people still travel to the US for medical care. It's actually increasing in number and the devaluation of the dollar is a big part of that.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Ooops! :hihi:

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Think the current health reform bill does not include a government-run option? Think again. Embedded in the 2,000+ document is a long-term care option run by the government. The program is called the Community Living Assistance Services and Support Act. Technically, it is voluntary but the employees of a company are automatically enrolled unless they chose to opt out by signing a form or clicking a box indicating they do not wish to be part of the program. If they chose to be part of the program they will have to pay anywhere from $160 to $240 a month, and they would have to pay these monthly premiums for 5 years before they were eligible for benefits which amount to $50 a day. Students and the poor can enroll for $5 a day, meaning everyone else would have to subsidize them. Technically, premiums will not go up unless the program is in danger of becoming insolvent. Guess what the chances of that are. Name one government-run program that has not become insolvent or is in danger of becoming insolvent. The purpose of the program is to shift the financial burden of the elderly from Medicaid to individuals taxpayers.

I have LTC insurance. I pay $277 a month. The moment I signed up I was eligible for benefits - not five years later. Also, my benefits are $120 a day. The $50 a day offered by the government means those participants who need LTC will be paying $$$ out of their own pockets.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Link
    National Healthcare Will Require National RFID Chips
    What is the RFID chip? It is a small electronic computer device placed into the skin of a person that can be used for identification, tracking, information storage and interfacing with external sources, such as for financial, business, commercial, governmental, educational, and medical institutions. In other words, an RFID can be utilized for every area of life.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The third paragraph in is pretty important:
    We're a looooong way from the kind of technology that would be needed ti implement such a program. Security of such items is at the forefront of reasons why this is not going to happen anytime soon.

I suggest that we do like France: Carte Vitale

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Never, ever will I voluntarily allow a chip to be inserted under my skin. That line is already drawn in the sand. Approach me with a scalpel and chip at your peril.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

not a scalpel. needle. the chips are the size of a small grain of rice. the skin is numbed, and the needle inserted, and the chip then deposited right under the skin.

at least that is how it was done on my dog. (i will not have a dog without having them id chipped.)

and its not a new idea....