Why Everyone hates Universal health care

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Dec 25, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Damn. I thought it was a tick.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Ignorance is no excuse. It is your responsibility to know where the message you're spreading is coming from. Don't add to the ignorance by perpetuating bull****. You should want to rise above it.

I'm not attacking a side. I'm attacking the idiots who posted a misleading article. If the link came from The Nation, then I would have attcjed it as well because the issue isn't the party affiliation; it's the action of intellectual dishonesty. Both sides do it and in this instance, YOU posted a link from a right-wing website.

yes, but the hypocrisy that I am specifically talking about is that the current plan of forcing people to purchase health insurance was the GOP's answer to the Bill/Hillary healthcare solution. Now all of a sudden they feel it's a bad idea, even though it was their idea? They're just saying what polls indicate that we want them to say for no other reason than winning elections in November.

These people in Washington don't give a **** about us. Republicans are Democrats and Democrats are Republicans. When the Republicans are in power, the Democrats spend their energies pointing out the Republican's flaws and whining about it.
    When the Democrats are in power, the Republicans spend their energies pointing out the Democrat's flaws and whining about it. The Republicans long for a return to power so they can change things and the Democrats will be longing for a return to power so they can change things, but the only thing that really changes is the names of the Lobbying Firms who are getting the biggest share of the pie. Neither side in interested in real solutions because that would mean an end to their self-perpetuating money cycle.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

[​IMG]

bravo, well said.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I have to say, while I don't agree with a lot of your posts I agree with this one. Well said.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

NO, I will not research every link out there, almost every link is biased anyway.
    Get over it, you don't have to read my threads.
    I guess you shouldn't believe MSNBC as well?
    So what, almost everything is left wing or right wing.
    Maybe you should give some examples of some neutral sites so the good people here will know besides me?
    Who are the idiots?
    We have already discussed this.
    I said that I wasn't on either side and that not every person or group that supports one party or the other supports everything that they do.
    We have a 2 party system.
    Nice speech and rant once again.
    You have derailed the topic nicely, good job.
    You win a prize, maybe you should run for office.
    We have a 2 party system so you really don't have much choice in the matter.
    I have no clue why you want to vent towards me?:insane:

The funny thing is that I agree with at least some of what you say but I find you annoying.
    No the Republicans and Democrats aren't the same, they act the same when in power and do opposite things.
    Wait until taxes, insurance, energy, everything goes up by
    next year this time we will see who is suggesting they are the same.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

8. MLUTiger

Then be prepared to be called out for your willful ignorance.

I tend to stay away from all the big news sites. CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc. They're sole purpose is to sell ad revenue to make money. They have little incentive and no interest in selling you factual information.

I really like using Google's news feeds and I rely on a lot of RSS for my news. I like the OpEd pieces from the NY Times and while I rarely agree with them, their points are at least pretty well thought out or offer an interesting perspective. I like the Guardian Unlimited because they usually offer opinions contrary to my own and most Americans. I almost always stay away from any pretend news site that states their political objective in the header graphic or are funded by some organization, think thank, etc. as it is almost certainly a vehicle for them to perpetuate their narrow view of the world.

Out of all of them, the two that really stand out are factcheck.org and alternet.org. Both make frequent use of fact checkers and independent (non-corporate) news sources.

No, most everything is middle of the road. The problem is that the loudest voices who do not represent the majority are the voices that get the most attention.

How did I derail the topic? You were intent on reducing the conversation to a discussion on the two parties and I replied with my thoughts on the two parties. I simply followed your lead.

The reason we are stuck with the two party system is because people like you have resigned yourselves to accepting it and not wanting anything more. I don't know your voting habits, but the sooner people start voting for the individual and not the party, the better off we'll all be.

9. MLUTiger

I have never been a fan of their website design. Even after all the changes over the years, it still loads too damn slow and involves too much graphic content. I don't need soundbytes, flashy graphics and my information filtered for me. I'll just take words, please. Hence my reliance on news feeds from several independent sources and blogs of contrasting view points.

You will never get fair and balanced if you get your news from one viewpoint...

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

sure you can.

foxnews is the only place that reports the news that real america wants to hear.

youre just a pinko commie.