why has the SEC as a whole Sucked this year in Bowl Games???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Jan 1, 2003.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

why is the SEC Sucking so Bad in the Bowl Games this year??? everyone except for Maybe Ole Miss has looked umimpressive. this year in Bowl Games so far we are 2-4 with one more game tonight where I do expect Georgia to win, But still in my opinion this just has been a REAL down year in the caliber of SEC football as a whole.

2. VP-TIGER

VP-TIGER Freshman

It's the competition. Look at some of the teams the SEC is playing against, Texas,Michigan,Fla.St,Nebraska,PennSt. We usuially play the better teams from the other conferences. But also I think the SEC is down a little bit this year.

3. JD

JD Founding Member

Ole Miss won
    Auburn beat a good team
    Texas is better than LSU
    Michigan is better than Florida
    Tenn (and Florida) were way down and didn't do much all year (who did Tenn or Fla beat?). Maryland had a solid club
    Arkansas was crybabying about their bowl (for no reason - worse Ark teams have benefitted from bowl selection inconsistency in the past), while Minny was concentrating on winning it.

4. 3 and 4 is not very good. The SEC is indeed down this year, that showed at the beginning of the year too. The conference will improve again, it seems to be a little more consistant than most conferences. The big 12 is good again this year but I was kind of surprised at how well the Big East and Big 10 did/are doing. Overall, I would have to say that the Big East is the surpise of the year (my opinion).