Why haven't fans been showing up for hoops?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 14, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

An honest question...What's your answer?

Mine? Well, I thought you'd never ask...

Personally, I think that we've been told for so long that we can't expect great things from this team, and to not pay attention to this team's trials and tribulations, that of course, the fanbase doens't...

Like the little boy who cried wolf, Brady said over and over how deplorable we were but how little attention we should pay to the results...

Now, everyone's taking his advice, and NOT paying attention...It's a tough sell to get people caring when you've told them for so long not to care...

This is actually a problem that I think Brady could not avoid. There was no way he could avoid saying, "Hey. We're not dominant. Sometimes, we're not even competitive. But, look at our situation? I think we're doing well, and we'll continue to plug along."

Something I don't hold Brady responsible for, as far as that reason is concerned.

I also think his light scheduling, coupled with the inability to compete at a higher level once that level arrives with the beginning of the conference schedule, also kills off any interest in the team after they build up a gaudy record in the early going non-con schedule.

There are also a number of people that it will honestly take a bandwagon effect for them to become fans...

Just my $0.02....What about yours?

2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I want to see Maravich play. He never gets in, so i don't go to the games. plus, i can only go to the weekend games, since i go to work early and on weekends, i'm usually drunk or hungover.

3. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

We beat a very good basketball team today. Is Florida recently ranked No 1?

My 3 cents.

4. ahdamico

ahdamico Freshman

Fans are not showing up to watch basketball because they do not like Brady. He is not respected by other coaches. He has a poor altitude and brings much of his problems upon himself.

He does a good job as a coach, but is not well liked.

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I've never had a problem with his altitude. He seems average height.

6. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

i met Coach Brady and spoke with him before the UGA game in tiger stadium. He was very friendly and signed lots of items for my brother and his friends. He talked to me about recruits that were there. Pointing out Glen Davis. I wanted Maravich's autograph, but he couldn't find him.

7. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I prefer football and LSU baseball. I've never cared much for basketball, but I'll watch LSU if they're on TV. I live too far away to catch them in person, though.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I did'nt see anybody on this board ask why you dont go to the games. I think you made your point on the board early in the season. LSU dont need your support anyways. Anybody that pulls for the opposition in any LSU sports is not a Tiger fan. You claim to have some inside scoop that nobody else has, but yet scared to post it for some reason. Spill the beans daddy, we want to hear. This aint the right forum to do it, give us a link to one that is.
    Im sure Brady and the Team could give a PHUCK what TE thinks anyhow.

9. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

Ditto Dhead... TE has his panties in a wad because he sees the handwriting on the wall that Brady will get a big raise and a well deserved contract extension at the end of the season.

He continues to try to get the national enquirer to believe his story about some off court antics that has YET to be reported as fact..(that word is important TE because your gutless comments will never produce facts) If he has done something that is so detrimental to the University, take it to the advocate and expose him. Get him out of here.. If you can't, shut up!!! We are tired of hearing your useless banter here.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

My opinion? A lot of LSU fans do not support their team unless they are doing very well thus vicariously making them big shots who can brag about how good "they" are.