Why I think LSU will beat Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GMTarondor, Oct 21, 2003.

1. GMTarondor

GMTarondor Founding Member

1) I beleive

2) The intensity will be greater than what we saw during the Georgia game

3) The coaches and the team will be ready for a war!

4) Auburn will have a hard time passing the ball

5) Auburn will have a even harder time running the ball

6) The LSU offense will score at least 14 points, and Auburn will not

7) Its at Tiger Stadium and at night

8) The Auburn fans are too scared to come to Tiger Stadium

9) Auburn fans hate the smell of corn dogs

10) The national media is due to be put into its place has a bunch of wanna bees that really don't know crap about college football

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I love the smell of corndogs in the morning. You know that smell, son. We dropped 50 tons of corndogs on the 50 yard line. The next morning we didn't find one stinkin' WarTigerEaglePlainsman body. That smell - SMELLS LIKE VICTORY

3. AUtiger

AUtiger Freshman

You'll need to score 21...I believe that's around the magic number where CTT's teams lose. If they hold an opponent under 21, AU has won like all but a couple of games. The trend reverses when their opponents score over 21.

4. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Did I read this correctly?

I would say that you've got those two in reverse order. It will be difficult to run on your defense, but Carnell and Co. have run on tough defenses before...they will get theirs, no worries there. I do believe, however, that our toughest task will be passing the ball on your D. You might want to put down the corndog and rethink your post.:wink:

5. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Well, since lsu's starting RB's are out or are limited, the backups will really become the x factor for lsu. I don't know much about them, so that kinda worries me. Nobody knew who Tre Smith was until after the bammer game last year...and he was 4th string. So you never know what some nth stringer can do to you until he's already done it.

Also, I still think whoever establishes the running game will win. Whoever can grind it out and control the clock will be hard to beat. But this theory, of course, assumes you limit turnovers...ughh!

I think lsu likes to throw it more than Auburn but that's not Auburn's bread & butter anyway. Auburn throws when it has to and that could end up being a tall order on that fast lsu secondary...

6. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

uh, have u not seen the stats

our 3rd, 4th, and 5th string running backs accumulated 263 yards on the ground against the 8th best defense in the nation

7. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

No, I haven't seen the stats like I said...but now that Auburn's D is ranked 8th nationally, it will be interesting to see how Auburn handles the lsu run...afterall, Auburn pretty much man-handled the SEC's leading rushers in Houston and Cobbs...

8. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Re: Re: Why I think LSU will beat Auburn

I agree with this Bauburnite. I think he's right about LSU needing to score 21 points to win.

:geaux:

:lsug:

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Why I think LSU will beat Auburn.....

1) they won last year.

2) I think we have a better team

3) it's a home game

4) had our bad game this year

5) I think our defense is better this year

"protect the Homeland say no to War Eagles"

10. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

lsu wants it more. last year pissed off the tiger nation. the cigar incident is still fresh in the seniors' minds. them stomping on our midfield logo before the last home game still is a vivid picture.

go to hell tommy tubesteak

and keep in mind, the best thing to come out of auburn is the Tecmo Bowl version of Bo Jackson