Why Is Everyone Crying About The Logo?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

What's the big deal? I don't think it is bad at all...I think the font they used for LSU is awesome...and though the Tiger doesn't look great, it is better than the block LSU and script Tigers under it logo. I'm sure we will change it again in 10-15 years, but I think the Athletic Department needed a new face to go along with the direction we are trying to go in.

People say the new Tiger doesnt inspire fear...but that is all relative to how good the team is...If we start winning 11 or 12 games every year, people will be scared of that Tiger.

Think of it this way...doesn't that chomping Gator look a lot less scarry that it used to look? What really changed? It wasn't the logo.

As far as people being pissed that it is from new York...shouldn't we aim our anger and displeasure to the arabs and anti-american areas of the world as opposed to a different part of our own country. I have been to New York several times and it is probably the coolest town i have ever been to. The place has even more personality and attitude than New Orleans.

2. Thibodaux Tiger

Thibodaux Tiger Professional Lurker

THANK YOU, i'm glad someone likes the logo, its really not that bad...do you really think we would be complaining about something as stupid as a logo if the season was going on, thats what boredom and anticipation does to you....and personally I take New Orleans over New York..Baton Rouge is great too

3. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

I think the Geaux font is the best thing that was redone, I just wish I could download it somewhere damnit. Why can't we have the eye of the tiger and the geaux font LSU as our logo?

4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I agree, I like LSU's New logo. As for Intimidation? Arkansas has a PIG on their Helmet. Compared to their Pig, our New Tiger Logo is Ferocious. Oh yeah, Arkansas will stop wearing Bama-like helmets and will be sportin' new Candy Apple Red Metallic Red Helmets this year.

NEW
    [​IMG] [​IMG] OLD

5. ArkansasTiger

ArkansasTiger Founding Member

I also like LSU's new logo.:D

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Logo: Don't have a problem with it.
    NY or NO? I prefer New Orleans since it's an english speaking city.

7. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

I didn't mean to say that I would prefer New York over New Orleans...I was just commenting that it was the only city I have ever been to that had more personality than New Orleans. As for which city i actually do like better...that is a tough one...It really depends on what I am in the mood to do. If I want to party...nothing beats New Orleans, If I want to eat..nothing beats New Orleans.

8. I dont cry over the new logo, i just think it sucks

9. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

the new logo is gay

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's what he said...it sucks.