Why is everyone so scared of LSU? (from Gator board)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Aug 2, 2003.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Most of those points are valid but I don't think other teams realize how good our young talent is (and is going to be). Also, we all expect Spears and Hill to be more aggressive and healthier this year and that could set the tone for the defense. If you turn his argument around to analyze Florida, we could have some fun with it. Florida isn't even in the same universe with how they used to intimidate everyone. If they get blown out by Miami on Sept 6th, it's almost confirmed that they're just another team.

2. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

Well he makes some good points but some are a little off too. So why does last year's game mean nothing but the one before that does? Don't think so. Can't get the ball to Clayton and Henderson? Seemed like we could in the UF game. He's really underestimating our D-line too, it is going to be one of the strengths of our defense this year IMO. I know we were erratic last year, but that had to do with our QB getting injured and Randall being erratic for the most part. Talk about erratic how about Florida. Beat Georgia yet lose to Ole Miss.

I definitely think this is going to be a close game though and it should be a good one.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

A favorite of mine in this write-up and comments from other schools is the comments about Addai. Basically, that he is average. Granted, he hasn't played a whole lot so I can unerstand that being said. But we all know what he brings to the table.;) He's right, he's know DD or Toe.....he's much much more:cool:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's the book on LSU this year. And we are completely beatable if we aren't hitting on all 8 cylinders. On the other hand we are completely capable of winning this here conference if we are.

But we are underestimated around the league as well. Our RBs are talented, just unknown. And, if they think our DT's are "nothing special", then the Reverend Doctor Lavalais is going to embarass some offensive linemen this year.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Never done a boxing analogy, but here goes...

When we beat Florida 28-21, it reminded me of Tyson/Buster Douglass. Florida had that long SEC streak going and was #1 in the country. It seemed like we caught them at the right time but their invincibility was still crushed (like Tyson). When we beat them last year, it felt like Tyson/Lewis. You'll just never look at Florida (or Tyson) like you used to. The intimidation is gone. I'm sure players from other SEC schools feel it too.

6. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Tyson v Lewis? How bout Tyson v Rhino.

7. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

This is a huge stretch. Losing the two LBs will be tough, but I know that Vaughn is up to the task. Add in a bunch of guys fighting for PT and I am not too worried. One of the other LBs will step up. There is a good bit of talent there. Especially at rush linebacker.

At DE, the big guys were injured most of the season.

As far as the DL, we have plenty of guys who got PT last year (solid playtime) that can fill Ken Allen and Dawson's shoes. I am not even counting the studs that had redshirted. DL with Chad at the anchor should be solid and deep.

If we have a couple of injuries at LB or Lavalias, then yes we may be suspect against the run.

We did not lose that much from last year if Vaughn steps up. Even if we drop off a bit, does that mean that a team like Florida (which ranked 73rd in rushing last season) will be able to run the ball down our throats????? Uh, in a word... NO! Saban has a history of dominating teams that are one dimensional toward the running game. Come out running every down and prepare for a whipping.

8. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

Alot of people on the same thread over there answered the question of why they should be afraid of LSU by saying," they smoked us in gainesville last year!"

9. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

I really don't know how anyone can say Addai doesn't scare them. Not because he is good but because as an LSU fan I haven't even seen him enough to have that much of an opinion of him. From what I've seen of him he's looked good but I don't know how anyone from another team could not be scared of him or be scared of him yet.

10. Thibodaux Tiger

Thibodaux Tiger Professional Lurker

Florida will never be a lock for the simple fact that the state of Florida is suck a hot bed of top recruits that have been raised from birth dreaming of playing football at Miami, Florida, or FSU......But the Gators are not the gators of past and they won't domanate us like they used to. I look forward for the LSU/Florida matchup to become more of a rivalry over the years to come