Why is everyone speaking of the chick fila bowl?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal014, Nov 29, 2012.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Cap 1-West
    Outback-East

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I meant when options were equal. As in teams. At least I remember hearing that.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The selection order is as follows:

After BCS selections—which will be the NC game and the Sugar (UF has that sealed up)—the Cap One has the next choice. They have the option of choosing another team besides the 3rd ranked team as long as their withing one game. In a nutshell, they can choose UofSC, Texas A&M, LSU, or the loser of the SECCG despite head to head match-ups because those teams all have the same number of losses.

The Outback and Cotton have the next choice. Cotton chooses from the West, Outback from the East. However, they can pick a team from the other division only after the other bowl selects. If the Cap One were to choose the loser of the SECCG, and the Cotton selected LSU, the Outback could pick up A&M but they would have to wait until the Cotton chooses.

The Chick-Fil-A bowl gets the next pick...and then on down the line.

There's a possibility the Chick-Fil-A could end up with UofSC, but I'm sure the SEC offices will weigh in as much as they can to avoid a UofSC vs Clemson rematch.

4. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

If Alabama wins the SEC, Georgia will most likely go to the CHick-FiL-A.....for obvious "crowd draw" reasons. LSU to the Cotton. If Georgia wins the SEC, LSU drops to the CHickFiLA.

5. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

O yea that true... We should have beaten them... We have the better team in my opinion.

StaceyO likes this.
  6. BayouBengal014

I really hate the Chicken bowl... We'll just hammer a 1 or 2 loss ACC team..

7. BayouBengal014

Makes since. Thats kind of how I had it figured out except I forgot about Florida..

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

As long as the SEC HQ is located in the state of Alabama you can expect they will weigh in on a lot of things. They've proven it many times with officiating, bowl location, baseball tournament location, impartial treatment for schools who cheat, etc.

They'll do whatever the hell they want to do and don't have to explain their actions to anybody.

Once again I say...relocate the HQ office from the Land of Gump!

BayouBengal014 likes this.
  9. tylertiger

tylertiger Geaux Tigers

I would prefer the Cotton over the Chick-fil-a

Richdog and BayouBengal014 like this.
  10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Chick fil gay bowl is turrible, in my opinion. It was Ok when it's name made it sound like a legit bowl with some actual tradition, but now it's no better than the papajohns.com bowl or whatever. Also, the ACC being a shithole of a football conference lately doesn't help much.

BayouBengal014 and tirk like this.