Why is everyone speaking of the chick fila bowl?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal014, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I think what would make the chick-feel-gay bowl seem especially lowly is the fact that we went there in 2008, which was our worst season in over a decade.

2. Expat

Expat Veteran Member

JJ had one of his better nights that night. Fond memories. Especially of the first half.

I'd happily take another dominating, relaxing win this year. The bowl and opponent doesn't matter much to me.

3. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

If TCU upsets Oklahoma Saturday (good chance of it happening) the Texas/Texas A&M Cotton Bowl dream won't materialize. OU would then be out of the BCS picture and to the Cotton they go. What it would do to the chicken game would be extremely detrimental. Unless the MACCG winner makes a huge leap in the polls (not likely) Clemson would get an at large BCS bid, leaving either a coachless NC State or a Georgia Tech team that more than likely will be sporting a losing record.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, we all had visions of championships after that game. Turned out to be fool's gold.

Also, that terrible, awful defense dominated the GT quadruple option.

I guess it was a night of complete anomalies.

cul2969 likes this.
  5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The way I understand it Texas informed the Cotton Bowl committee just over a month ago they didn't want to be involved in a game with A&M.

I suspect A&M's powers that be would feel the same.

There's a very big downside for the team that loses that game.

StaceyO and red55 like this.
  6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Interestingly enough, TCU hasn't won a conference game at home this year.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is the vibe I'm getting. Immediately after we farted away the Bama game, DFW media starting promoting an LSU/OU or UT Cotton Bowl.

8. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

I would like to see LSU/TEXAS

Richdog likes this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Out of the bowls mentioned there are two teams that are locked in as opponents to SEC teams—Clemson in the Chick-Fil-A and Michigan in the Cap One.

This weekend we have Okie State playing Baylor. When I looked at that game yesterday the O/U was 87.5. It's going to be a high scoring game, little defense. I don't like those games, however...

A game that seems like it would be an interesting one to watch would be the Aggies playing Clemson in ATL. Boyd/Watkins vs Manziel/Swopes.

Now, on the other hand, if I'm a member of the Cap One selection committee I would have a hard time not inviting Texas A&M. If there is one certainty in college football it is the Aggie fan base travels VERY well. Michigan travels well. It would be a media hit because the pre-game conversations would be "Shoelace" vs "Johnny Football."

Cap One would be looking at a sell out, and a lot of media exposure. It's a win-win.

Michigan defended OSU's Braxton fairly well last weekend. Could they do the same with Manziel?

The only team in the SEC that I can see going to ATL and appreciating the invitation is A&M. UofSC would be playing Clemson again. Bama and UGA would be playing for a spot in the BCSNC one week to falling to ATL the next. And I don't have to explain how you guys would feel about that game.

That makes the chances of a fan base being disappointed in their bowl game high.

10. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

There is still a weekend of football to be played for those to be certainties. Well maybe Michigan to the Cap One is all but certain, but strange things can happen to your so called Clemson lock.