Why is no one talking about Tedford?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Capt Fun, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Capt Fun

Capt Fun Founding Member

It seems with his success at Oregon and Cal, we would have to at least talk to this guy. He is more of an offensive mind than Petrino, and has done it in a major league, as opposed to CUSA.

We have far better operations than Cal, a better recruiting base, and not as many academic restrictions. We have the infrastructure being built that Cal is trying to fund.

Could we just be waiting until after Cal's bowl to talk to him, or is he really not on Skip's radar?

2. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Not to mention that baton rouge isn't a city full of america hating communist wackos.

I think Tedford just got a really big contract extension. He's worth a look IMO.

3. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I really hope and pray that Tetford is on Skips radar. I just believe that if a guy can win at Cal-Berkeley, a place where no one really gives a crap about football or athletics, then you have to believe he could continue the success at LSU, which is rabenous about football and is a very fertile football recruiting ground. Last year, his Cal Bears were the only team to knock off those "media darlings" - the USC Trojans, and should've done it again this year. Now I know he just signed a new deal, but I believe that can be worked out. Of the coaches out there, he seems like the only one I'd really be excited to have.

4. slippery_pete

slippery_pete Founding Member

i am with you. tedford is my #1 choice. i can only imagine what that guy can do here if he win at oregon and cal. of course skip may fear that he will not want to talk to us and then the press will eat up the fact that he spurned us. i dont want to be thought of as a bama or nebraska where everyone knows their coach is about their fifth choice.

5. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

I think ravenous is the word you were looking for... unless rabenous is just a word I don't know. :grin: :grin:

6. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I just don't see Tedford leaving Cal right now. He gets good media exposure on the west coast, which is good for an eventual jump to the NFL. But, if he is willing to talk, he should definitely be high on the list. I'd also like to see Mike Stoops get a look, if he is interested. He only won 3 games in his first year at Arizona, but based on what they did last year, I think that's a pretty good coaching job. At least give him a look.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I feel confident that Skip has made many informal contacts (through the search firm he hired and through agents) with coaches that we haven't heard about yet. I would be shocked if Tedford wasn't one of them.

I suspect some current coaches involved in bowl games don't want the public scrutiny this week. I'm hoping more names will pop up next week.

8. max

max Founding Member

I have been surprised not to hear his name. Along with Dan Hawkins, Pat Hill, and Mike Price.

9. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

If Tedford doesnt get that renovation of the stadium and facilities at Cal which are poor...then he isnt gonna be there long.....ok which school has a stadium being renovated right now along with excellent facilities already....

10. Capt Fun

Capt Fun Founding Member

Not sold on Hawkins, Hill or Price.

Hawkins runs a good program, but I don't think that he could come down here and have success in the South.

Hill runs a thug program, we don't want that.

Price is intriguing, but his baggage from Bama would be too much to overcome in recruiting.

I still believe there are people being talked to that may never been heard about in the media..