why is saban going after ricky williams so hard?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxgirl80, Jan 16, 2005.

1. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

I thought he was going to draft "Ricky, part II" played by none other then Cedric Benson. At least that was on the mock draft I saw last week. I think Ricky is finished.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

With only two first day picks (Rds 1 and 3), I would be stunned if the Fins didn't try very very hard to move down some in the first round. Benson could be a decent pick, but at #2, WAY too high.

3. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

How do you think he (Benson) compares to Ricky? From a distance he looks like he plays great and then takes a quarter off occasionally.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

IMO, Ricky is/was (however you wanna put it) better in nearly all respects than Benson. Ricky seemed to have a higher gear, was more hard-nosed (seeking out people to hit), and had some good moves. I think they're about even on pass catching and blocking (both competent, but not outstanding.)

DISCLAIMER: It should be noted that Ricky was my favorite player in the league before the current situation...but I've seen a lot of Benson the last couple of years. And as a Dolphin fan, I have to be objective. I'd prefer Cadillac over any other RB in this draft.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

When Ricky quit on his team, the Dolphns no longer had to honor is contract, so it doesn't count against the salary cap.

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Maybe he wants to puff on some of Rickey's Hydro :)

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

This is a mute topic. I would bet the farm that there is no way RW will return to football. There is a 0% chance. The guy is a looser. He is accepting the loss of money. He wants his dope and live free life style. No more RW and thank god. I think it was the Sep issue of SI that he even said that the draw of his west coast life that he now enjoys was alot more important than football.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That is not entirely true, he got a very large signing bonus that is spread over the length of the contract and they take a big hit on that next season. They also will be trying to sue him I guess to try and recoup part of that. If Ricky isn't good at hiding money, he will need to come back in order to support his lifestyle. If he is good at hiding it than this will get very intereresting I think.