Why Islam is disrespected.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, May 19, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Those signs are funny.

ISLAM WILL DOMINATE THE WORLD

Well, it never has. It dominated the middle east once or twice. The religion is too backward to evolve. It is apparently incompatible with democracy. There is no democracy anywhere in the Arab World. Turkey is democratic and secular, but it has always been a struggle to remain that way. This is why Europe never wants to admit them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ISLAM IS SUPERIOR & NOTHING WILL SUPERCEDE IT

Islam is superior? I see a few fat wealthy Arab princes rolling in American oil dollars while the rest of the muslim world is pretty much living in third-world squalor. Meanwhile we live in a wonderland we created in North America. Who has Allah smiled upon? :usaflagwa

2. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

RED your two passages are exactly why they spew hatred toward the US. They have seen their part of the world over the last 1000 years be passed by economically, scientifically, militarily...everway possible by the entire Western Hemisphere, Europe and Asia and they have to blame someone else for their woes. So it's capitalism, it's the evil US right? Everyone has to blame somebody and that's why they preach hatred. It has nothing to do with Christ or Allah....it's because we have power and they have none.

Bin Laden and his ilk preach about Allah and the US as the great Satan.......it has nothing to do with that. They are last in the world in everyway and to keep himself and his kind popular he wants the Muslum world poor and stupid.

Hey just like Democrats here. Keep people poor and stupid and dependent on them and they'll ensure themselves votes.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

So, how do democrats keep people poor and stupid? I must have missed that one.

Actually, all the reasons everybody listed about why they hate us are wrong. Don't ya'll know? It's because they hate our freedom!:rofl: :rofl:

4. red55

WTF are you talking about?

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Are you telling me when the system of welfare was instituted, that didn't
    give the poor, lazy and stupid, not saying all people on welfare are like
    that but some are btw, a reason to vote democratic all the time.

Heck, with the scare tactics on the left of today such as the Republicans
    are going to take away your welfare, social security and they don't care
    about the environment even though they have to live in it?
    Seems to me this has been the strategy all along on the left.

I don't know what FDR was thinking when he started this program but I'm willing to bet he was smart enough to realize the advantage of the democratic
    party.
    When you enable people to be lazy, fat, dumb and happy they will vote for
    you forever just as long as they don't have to work for themselves.
    I'm not saying at all that his intentions weren't good to start with because
    I don't know but alot of things start to be good and turn out otherwise because I think we can all agree that people take advantage or anything
    and everything.

I gave FDR credit btw, you noticed that?

6. red55

Sourdough, have you ever heard of something called The Great Depression? It was Hard Times and the country had to watch people die who could not earn a living. This is America, we are wealthy, powerful, and righteous and we don't have to let people die. That is where the New Deal came from. Pick up a history book again sometime.

Unemployment in this country is near its all-time low (currently 5.2 percent). There are very few of us on welfare (1.5 percent), mostly the elderly, women, and children. It's a bare subsistence and you can't stay on it forever, either. It's to keep them from starving or resorting to child prostitution to live. Your notion that welfare was created by democrats to "enable people to be lazy, fat, dumb and happy' in order to get votes is ridiculous. Most welfare recipients don't even vote and are far from happy. Your selfishness towards people with genuine needs is dismaying. I'm a little surprised.

It's an American thing, not a democratic thing. The republican administration and congress have no plans to dismantle welfare because it is a necessity in any civilized country.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I know all about the great depression from history and first hand.
    My grandfather was born in 1912, he told me some stories.
    I also know this country existed before welfare and social security and that the churches helped out people who needed a hand.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote by Red:
    Your notion that welfare was created by democrats to "enable people to be lazy, fat, dumb and happy' in order to get votes is ridiculous. Most welfare recipients don't even vote and are far from happy. Your selfishness towards people with genuine needs is dismaying. I'm a little surprised.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That isn't exactly what I said, I also said that I thought his intentions were good, in other words to help people who need it but I've also have seen first hand that your assertion about the elderly, women and children isn't exactly correct.
    I use to cashier part time for an extra job and I saw quite a few "normal" families on
    food stamps, I also saw some of them driving newer vehicles.

We give money every year to a charity and I have given money to a panhandler or two
    on the streets of Denver although I wonder why this person isn't working.
    I don't consider myself selfish at all really but I just believe able bodied people should
    be able to find a job and make a living.
    I also believe people will do anything to get free money versus working for a living, some people will work harder not to work than if they did work.
    I believe some people in this country are just too damn picky or proud to do any old job, like my grandfather, I've done whatever I've had too to survive and have never
    collected any money while unemployed other than US Airways.
    They had it coming when they layed me off, why hire someone and not tell them you
    are about to become bankrupt? I had no clue.

I realize some people will need help like my daughter who has Down Syndrome, she may never be able to work and lead a normal life but she has the option to stay at
    home and we will always take care of her until I die.
    I prefer family dealing with this and not government, some people would put her in
    an institution and have the government pay for it.

The panhandlers in Denver are awful btw, one on almost every block downtown.
    I've been to probably 15 states and never have seen it so bad.

8. red55

Geez, my father was born in 1912.

I've had similar experiences, but we never really know these folks' situation. An old college friend of mine was disabled in a car wreck a few years ago in the middle a successful career in pharmaceutical sales. Now unable to work, she is in near-constant pain and is entitled to food stamps which she needs to get by. She also requires a fairly new and reliable car because she can't replace a flat tire or walk very far. But she's paying it off herself, out of her small disability check. Appearances can be deceiving, Sourdough. My friend isn't in a wheelchair and she can get herself around on short trips, but she is unable to work.

So do I. I give money to any panhandler if I have change in my pockets. I figure a man in bad enough shape to have to beg really needs it. I don't know his circumstances, many are mentally ill. But he ain't on welfare if he's fit and able. They do have strict criteria.

Of course you will. But if you become disabled or die, I hope there is a welfare system to provide for your dependents. I wasn't arguing that welfare is perfect, but that it is necessary in a modern nation to provide for needy citizens, and it is not, as you suggested, an attempt by the Democrats to court the "welfare" vote.

They are bad in the French Quarter, for sure. I don't remember a problem in Denver, but DC and New York for sure. Not to mention some towns in Mexico.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I won't give a dime to some bum standing on the interstate intersection with a sign begging for money. I think some of those bums make more money than a lot of people with jobs who work hard for a living. I once knew a guy who did that and he would stand on the corner with a sign until he had enough money for his daily cocaine and booze supply. I rarely took him more than a couple of hours to con the unwary into giving him at least $100.

10. red55

I watched a street person in DC once while I was sitting on a bench on the Mall killing time before a flight. This guy had a pair of drumsticks and was playing on three plastic buckets using his shopping cart for a hi-hat. He was actually pretty good. In the 30 minutes that I watched him, I estimate people put about 25 bucks in his hat. Cat makes $50 an hour! I bet he takes the Metro back to a half-million dollar house in the suburbs.