Why Islam is disrespected.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, May 19, 2005.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

^^^Classic example of presumptous, short-sighted, self-serving conservatism.

I don't know where you get off making those extremely misguided assumptions about my fiscal philosophy just because I'd rather not see the underpriveleged population perish, but it's little more than self-serving, idiotic rhetoric.

Here you are, bitching and crying about how a small portion of your taxes go towards helping out needy people, and you expect me to believe that you would 'voluntarily' contribute more? Give me a break, dude. Poverty/welfare is one area where I feel that my party of allegiance falls somewhat short. The greed of man has time and again proven to be the more dominant force.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yep. That's exactly what I'd tell them.
    That's the same way we thin out the deer herds. Humans, however, can learn to resist the rut.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

maybe if he wasnt taxed as much, the economy might produce more jobs and less poor people. and even if he only gave a fraction of his earnings to help the less fortunate, he could choose to do it on his own terms more effectively.

really i think the ultimate point is freedom. i should be free to help people or not help them. and i do not like to force my will on others. i do not want my government forcing you to help anyone either.

4. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

You're a noble fella FT. I aspire one day to possess your ideals (as well as to share the same tax bracket with you).

5. Contained Chaos

Maybe...might...could...choose. That's a lot of contingent terminology for a plan that's supposed to relieve you of your opression (yeah, right) and take care of those who actually need help.

I find it particularly amusing that so many of you are so ardently supportive of a war that is said to be preserving the welfare of the Iraqi people, yet you couldn't give a damn about the people right here at home. Personally, I'd rather be forced to help out those Americans that need help rather than being forced to help some fund some senseless war on someone else's soil. But that's just me.

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Have you ever been to Honduras? Man, you don't know what poor is.

7. Contained Chaos

Do you know what the price of rice in China is right now? Man, you don't know what poor is.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have no idea what that post above about rice means.

i have neither seen nor heard of a person in ameria who was skinny from malnutrition. i would be really suprised to hear of a sane adult in america who starved to death in the last 20 years. american poor people are fat.

really poor people are thin and shoot each other over a sack of grain in somalia. americans are loaded. poor people here struggle to pay their cable bill. poor people in other countries struggle to eat.

9. Contained Chaos

'What's that got to do with the price of rice in China?' It's a euphamism for 'what you just said has nothing to do with what we're talking about.'

You can sit here all day and talk about how poor the people in whatever country are. But it's irrelevant when you consider the glaring economic conditions to that of the U.S. For every country whose poverty stricken are fighting over that sack of grain, their middle class makes that much less than the median salary over here. Ever hear of this thing they call Gross Domestic Product?

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

dont get mad at me, but it is spelled "euphemism".

the reason we are rich is because we have capitalism. the more we have it, the better everyone will be, even the poor. we are so rich that our poor are rich by the standards of countries without freedom and capitalism. we cant make everyone middle class, and punishing the rich to help the poor hurts the economy as a whole.