Why It Is Mathematically Impossible for Trump to win the White House

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

BTW @Tiger in NC is all you've got terms like pis soft and fuck you. Potty mouths are the sign of a poor vocabulary and lack of education. Try to elevate your slurs.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Those libs just hate it when you stick it down their cock holster like you just did @Winston1 , give him a few days for the vagasil to calm the burning and he will be right back in the fight with more useless drivel.

Good job sport!

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He needs a Squatty Potty for his mouth

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

You act like we were the only country experiencing record growth during that era and you are just dead wrong. Here is a link to show exactly what I am talking about. The assertion that the US held all wealth and were the only game in town is cherry picking at best.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post–World_War_II_economic_expansion
    Of course they are, technology has altered the economy in ways we could never imagine in that era.
    Those social programs are not intended to add to our prosperity. It is intended to ensure that the least of us do not fall through the cracks. Prior to Social Security the elderly, who had no family to take them in, lived in "poor houses." The conditions were abyssmal and medical care was sparse. Is that what you want to go back to? Mental Health is also not profitable, nor does it contribute to our prosperity, but if we do not address it we will continue to have mass shootings and the gun industry will continue to shoulder the blame for it, which is misplaced. There are many necessary social programs that do not contribute to our prosperity but they ensure the greater good.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Cherry picking is all you do. Of course there was tremendous growth in Europe and Japan in that era. THEY WERE REBUILDING FROM TOTAL DEVASTATION! Have you seen the pictures of Germany, Japan and the rest of the WWII battleground??? Their growth was to a great extent due to our generosity...The Marshall Plan etc. Growing from zero makes it easy to to have a phenomenal growth rate. Look at the GDP and percentages that we had versus the rest of the world. We held all the economic cards and it speaks well of us that we built and help Western Europe & Japanand didn't try to crush them as the Russians did Eastern Europe.
    Too often you and other liberal try to use the old 'well if you don't like what I'm doing then you must want to go back to the dark ages cave man era' routine. It is poor debate skills and false analogy to do so. I am many other conservatives see the social programs as increasing dependency of people on big government. I see that as an addiction worse than any drug. Look at New Orleans, Baltimore, Detroit etcetera. The government housing welfare have created generations of people who know nothing else and can't help themselves. It's getting worse not better. The people aren't bad, stupid or worthless. They are trapped by the very system that purports to help them. It has been shown that the policies break up families and discourage work and independence. You can't give people things without work or the need to take responsibility and expect them to do better. They have no frame of reference to follow but the path to dependence.
    After 50+ years of this crap government can't just withdraw. It needs to begin programs that incentivize work, education, self reliance, taking responsibility for their actions and future. This will be difficult and not cheap but it is needed. The old ways don't work...yours or prewar neglect.
    Same with healthcare. Obamacare is big government writ large no matter what the path is. It is basically back by the full faith and credit of the USA. It is following the same path as previous welfare programs...one to failure outrageous cost and dependency. That being said return to status quo ante isn't the answer either. Previous systems were non competitive and poorly functioning. There needs to be a true path to reducing real cost through open transparent national competition. Then you can look at how to help those in need. And yes there is a great need for government regulation. It just can't be as self defeating as current regulations are.
    Just repealing welfare and Obamacare isn't enough. They need to be replaced with systems that follow the path that made us a great nation.
    Just saying you're compassionate and helping the poor isn't enough. Quit feeding them and teach them to fish!

6. Tiger in NC

please

7. Tiger in NC

So here is your quote from yesterday....that American prosperity after WW2 had nothing to do with the top marginal tax rate and everything to do with the fact that the rest of the world was devastated and we were, essentially, the only game in town.
    And now, after I corrected you with facts, you are saying something totally different. Which one is it? Were we the only economy growing or not, Winston? This being said, are still sure that we just stumbled into prosperity, as your previous post would seem to indicate?
    But this is not what you said before, you said that we were it, propping up the rest of the world. Sure, American money via the Marshall Plan aided those countries whose infrastructure was devastated but it's not like that was the only thing happening there. To imply so is ignoring another whole aspect of the facts.
    It is not poor debating to expose the fact that you do indeed want to take things back to the stone ages, Winston. You may say with your mouth that you do not want to but when you listen to the policy positions of your party that is exactly what they are proposing to do. It's funny, because you like to use the "you liberals" tag but you guys get all up in arms because you don't like it when someone else holds a mirror up to you and you have to face the fact that your policy proposals are outdated.
    In some ways I can agree with this. I can agree that there are abuses of the system and we need to address those in a serious way. I don't want anyone mooching off my tax dollars any more than you do, believe it or not. That said, my ethics keep me from wanting to rid ourselves of the programs altogether. My uncle, my mother's brother, died at 44 of Chron's disease. He was diagnosed at 21. In 23 years he had 26 surgeries and was constantly in and out of the hospital. He was a proud man and he wanted to work but because of his condition he could never hold down a job long term so he volunteered at his church when his health allowed him to. He lived in a government subsidized apartment and he was on social security disability and medicaid or medicare, not sure which one. My grandfather worked shift work at Copolymer in BR and my grandmother drove a school bus. They were frugal people and savers who retired to a reasonably comfortable life. If not for those government programs they would have lost everything they ever worked for in order to get him the care he needed and then, only to see him die anyway at 44 because there were no long term care treatments for Chron's then. This is what I think about when I think about government assistance. I own four furniture and mattress stores and during tax season, trust me when I tell you that I see the people who you are talking about and I don't like them any more than you do. That said, scrapping them because they do not contribute to our prosperity is cold and that is not who we are as Americans imo.
    Agreed.
    And I have said all along, we need to look at Obamacare as a work in progress that needs to be tweaked along the way as needs arise. We cannot expect a piece of legislation that large, which encompasses so many people to be perfect on the first go, but we need political will to do those things.
    You're missing my point entirely. There are some people who are not even able to fish and that's the ones that I'm talking about that we have to care for, not the ones who are capable.

8. Tiger in NC

I meant to ask if I could borrow yours......I'm all out

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Let's go back to kindergarten @Tiger in NC GDP is the best measure of relative economic power. My point was that growth from zero may be great in percentage but the absolute of GDP shows the more accurate picture. As my memory serves the GDP of the USA was greater than that of the rest of the world combined well into the 1970's. Our prosperity in the 1950's and 60's had NOTHING to do with the tax rate. It was primarily due to our position coming out of WWII. I lived in that era and had the privilege of being in a family that was deeply involved in two major corporations. I also started working in the mid 1970's when the wave began to subside due to complacency. We thought we could do everything then. Look at LBJ. He pursued the Vietnam war and great society and didn't raise taxes....sort of like W wasn't it?

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So I guess we should judge your politics and position by the extreme left wing of your party???? No that is poor logic. You are conflating the worst of a position to be the only opposition to your oh so reasonable ideas. If you bother to read or have the capacity to retain my comment and positions you know that is false. In fact the post you wrote this reply to gives lie to that statement. Try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.