Why keep harping on the old news

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by purplejoe, Aug 26, 2004.

1. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

i just dont see why you guys have a such a hatred for usc...or better yet why the whole usc thing is still so hot...its a new year guys...the crap with usc is last year...its old news...its a new year...im so sick of listening to the radio and hearing the same stuff over and over....here is the basic 2 hour sports show here in town

guy calls...." i think lsu is gunna go 9-2" same guy who called the day b4 and said the same thing...

next guy...says the same prediction and asks bout he qbs....comon guys..we know the quarterback...why do we need to make a false controversy...

next guy...." im still po'ed about usc..." or "why we need a play off in the bcs"

guys i love the tigers more than anything...but i also know that all this was last years news..its a new year... 8 days from defense of the nc...so lets talk present and not past...im so sick of hearin the same ol stuff ive heard the last 4 months...does anyone second this? I know even the most die hard lsu fans

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Two days from now I will be watching Va Tech play USC and be rooting for USC to lose. Will you?

The thing most of us have a problem with is that USC gets a "free ride" basically. They have no competition yet the pollsters ignore this and keep them atop the polls.

3. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

Amen to that. Down with USC

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I'll tell you why its a hot issue still. The USC fans keep cliaming to be National Champion. You don't change the rules in the middle of a poker game, and that is just what Pete Carrol and the Boys of Troy did. Had the shoe been on the other fit the Tigers would not claim the championship. There is no doubt in my mind of that.

5. purplejoe

strength of schedule doesnt matter....and i know we all hate usc...but they cant help how bad there schedule is...and we cant help that ours is all good...and when we complain about all the road games...lets think last year...they were all at home...and next year they will be again...so who cares...just let them play the game

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You are asking us. We are telling you why we care. Then when our opinion does nto agree with yours you try to convince us we should not care? Well don't ask us then! :wink:

7. purplejoe

so what if they say that...are they the national champ? no....so who cares what they say...who cares....it doesnt matter...fans can say what they want...its the bcs that determines it and lsu is the bcs champ...so forget it...its old...what they say doesnt matter

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Being a history major, I can tell you that history is never forgotten, especially by those who lived or witnessed it...

Having said that...I've moved on...though I can be riled every now and then enough to say something about it...

Who are you to tell us that you choose to listen to something or to read something on the radio or on the Internet, and then have the audacity to tell us that we shouldn't say, speak, or type it, even though you make a concious decision to pay attention to it?

Just don't click the link. Turn the radio dial. Get XM Radio. Turn the Channel. But, don't whine to us about your dislike of what you hear and see while you're still tuning in to hear it daily and typing up this URL and clicking these links?

If you're tired of it, then put your $ where your mouth is...Walk away from the thread, and don't click any more of them that might mention USC...Turn the radio when you hear the same crap...

Otherwise, it's YOU that's the one that needs to pipe down, sweet cheeks....

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

They will forever be put into the books as a co-national champion. You can take the ostrich philosophy of "if I stick my head in the sand, they can't see me." However, just because you believe they are not National Champion doesn't mean it won't be recorded that way in the record books.

USC and LSU will forever be marked as co-national champion for 2003. Does that suck, yes. We will have to learn to live with it. Does that mean we should embrace USC now that the new season has started? HELL NO! They are poised to do the same thing again this year, and I'll be rooting against them every step of the way.

10. purplejoe

well my friend...you may say i whine about this...but if i hear another tiger fan continually bitch and moan about usc i will throw up...its stupid to continually bitch about something that is said and done..no one can take away the nc...its ours...so it doesnt matter what people on another board say...we defend our title in 8 days...so lets get over it and let them play