Why LSU deserves #2 more than USC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, Nov 30, 2003.

1. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

I hope you are a more astute football analyst than I am, and are right in your predicition. I am LSU all the way. I felt very confident that LSU would beat Ole Miss by at least ten points also, and would pull away comfortably in the fourth quarter. :)

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Playing a Jawja team in Atlanta looking for revenge is about as tough as it gets but I like our chances with this team. The last two SEC champs playing for the second time this season on a (somewhat) neutral field makes it even more hyped.

If we win the SEC Championship game, our case looks almost open/shut for the Sugar. I think if USC wins by less than 2 TDs over Oregon St, that would be the nail in the coffin. The overwhelming data mentioned in the opening of this thread is too hard to ignore by the voters. Unfortunately, no matter how good we look USC will probably remain #2 if they roll in their win.

Only thing I might add is that a game like the SEC Championship better prepares you to play on a big stage (Sugar Bowl) and it would help us be a better opponent for Oklahoma. It helped us dominate the 2001 Sugar Bowl over the Illini.

Maybe even point out how big of a story it would be for them (AP) to cover. LSU playing for the national championship in New Orleans?!?!?!?!?!??! CAN THEY EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT WOULD BE LIKE? I HAVE NO IDEA AND I'VE LIVED IN LOUISIANA MOST OF MY LIFE.

3. austintiger54

austintiger54 Freshman

Oh, my bad on the misinformation about Bowling Green. The Marshall thing still sucks, though, and who gave Arizona permission to be terrible between when we scheduled them and now?

4. Speagle23

Speagle23 Founding Member

LSU has worked hard.. they will become # 2 ...

5. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Two weeks ago they were saying that a second win over Georgia would drop LSU in the BCS, and a loss would drop LSU out of the BCS entirely, but now some reports say a win over Georgia will put the Tigers in the Sugar Bowl.

I guess we will have to wait and see. Geaux Tigers.

6. King Joey

King Joey Founding Member

Heck, yeah! Send it to all the writers. For that matter, tell me where I can find the e-mail address of the voters and I'll send them one, too.

7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I Agree! A soon to be 12-1 SEC Championship team against a PAC 10 team that lost to the Cal Bears?? :shock: Screw the computers, we take care of Georgia, we should be easily be Ranked #2 in the Nation.

8. LSU

LSU Founding Member

9. Golfdude

Golfdude Founding Member

I have read many, many vaild points and documentation to back them up, on this thread, regarding the fact that LSU should be #2 in the polls. And we should be. But the fact of the matter is: We are in a No-Win situation, unless we can get to #2 and play OU.
    This what is so frustrating.

Worse case: We lose to Georgia and drop out of the BCS. Ain't going to happen....but beating a team twice in a season is tough.
    Not good.

A little better case: Beat the Dawgs, but stay at #3 in the BCS and play a Michigan team that'll show up wearing our girlfriend"s bathrobes and pi$$ on our cornflakes. Might beat 'em.....If they miss their filght to CA.
    Not Good.

Best Case: We somehow get to #2 (GO Orangemen......but it's a long shot they will beat ND). Nick puts together the best gameplan ever.......We show up wearing OU's girlfriend's bathrobes and pi$$ on their cornflakes. Or we lose......by a lot.
    But at least we will have gotten there.

But I have faith......Remember: Nobody in the world thought that team from Ohio could beat Miami last year........except the team from Ohio.

So we have no other options......WE MUST GET TO THE SUGAR.
    Shock The World!!!

10. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

It's getting around. I have seen it on several forums. In fact, it brought me here to this forum! :geaux: