Why LSU deserves #2 more than USC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, Nov 30, 2003.

1. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

What a bunch of crap. The WFTR link didn't work. The Chron guy was wishy-washy about switching his LSU vote from 3 to 2, but he was annoyed with all of the emails from LSU backers. The AJC link didn't work. And the masterpiece of them all? The ESPN link. Man, I have never liked what ESPN has had to say about any New Orleans sports teams, with one minor exception regarding the Saints at times. Nevertheless, look at what ESPN writer had to say about us:

You'd think we were a bunch of hillbillies or something. The fact of the matter is that no one has adequately debunked the arguements contained in this thread. Why should writers get upset about emails from backers and then spite the team that they are rating? Stupid. There really is only two things that can happen. The writers/coaches either move LSU up to #2 or keep them at #3 assuming a Tigers win in the ATL this weekend. I am glad to know that writers and coaches can also get offended and be petty. Welcome to the world. :dis:

2. j_chacon

j_chacon Freshman

i just know , if LSU wouldn't of commited all those penalities (13) playing florida they would of won the game and we wouldn't be talking about whose the best and who deserves to go to the sugar bowl. We wouldn't be talking about USC, because LSU would be in the sugar regardless if georgia beat us or not.

3. M.Scott

M.Scott Freshman

Holy shit that was so dumb they wont get it no matter what. you should feel so dumb

4. M.Scott

M.Scott Freshman

Holy shit that was so dumb they wont get it no matter what. you should feel so dumb

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I thought that playing UGA would increase our strength of schedule.......at least thats what Brad Edwards said in his chat the other day!!

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I think people are confused with strength of schedule and the quality win points ... UGA will help our SOS and hurt our QW points.

7. LSU

LSU Founding Member

I'm a little confused as to the point, also. Maybe our resident BCS expert can help us out. I added the point because several people told me that playing UGA twice will not count as playing UGA twice in the BCS strength of schedule component. That is, would get UGA counted to our SoS as a 10-2 team. But we will not get them counted as 10-2 and 10-3.

If that is the case, it is not fair. If we would have played another team like UT we'd get the 10-2 and 10-3 records added to our SoS. It seems b/c we play them twice, the UGA game should be multiplied by two.

8. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Actually they will get counted as two 10-1 teams.......our wins over them do not count in the SOS equation

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

That's how I understand it as well.

Additionally, all the computers factor some SOS in their polls ... so this will allow us to leapfrog USC in at least 2 or 3 of the polls.

The only negative playing UGA again is the loss of quality win points ... and that could be a really big negative!

10. j_chacon

j_chacon Freshman

Brad Edwards been rooting for USC, it seem since the beginning.. He does nothing but talking about how USC has a better hand and he would said something good about LSU ,but than he'll take it back by saying something better about USC. Its been like that with ESPN all season. I've watched LSU games on ESPN and heard nothing but negativity from them.. GO Tigers !!!