Why LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, May 30, 2004.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

When I started looking at colleges, UGA, Univ of Texas & LSU all just stood out to me. There really wasn't any reason that I could point out - I just liked them. But after attending my first LSU football game 2 years ago, I made up my mind.

I was just curious as to why all of you picked LSU as either the school to go to, or the school to cheer for? :lsug: :lsup:

2. FightingTiger

FightingTiger Founding Member

My father and mother were both raised in Louisiana so they raised me as a Tiger fan. And I'm glad they did, I don't know what I'd do if I was an Auburn or Alabama fan!:eek: :angryfire
    :champs: :geaux: :lsup: :lsug: :geaux: :champs:

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I grew up about 40 miles east-northeast of Baton Rouge. When I was in the Boy Scouts, we used to attend every home football game to usher. It was then that my love of LSU sports grew. I graduated from SLU in Hammond, but LSU will always be my first love.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

My mother and father were also raised in Louisiana but we moved to Florida when I was young.
    All of the family on my mothers side still live in Louisiana, some in the same house they
    lived in for more than 50 years.
    Most of the family was from the Hammond area, we lived in Ponchatoula and my dad was in the national guard there.
    We always went back to visit the relatives and I lived in Baton Rouge in 1984 or 1985.

I've always been an LSU fan and always will be, what better colors could you have other than purple and gold?

I had 2 cousins play for LSU, Tom and Jim Gainey of Hammond.

I couldn't Imagine rooting for anyone else :lsup:

5. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

born & raised in louisiana....enough said

6. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

My dad used to work in the motorpool at LSU and would drive the baseball and basketball teams to NO to catch a flight or to play a ball game. Sometimes he would take them to Oxford or Starkville or other away games and I would always go with them. When I did, I was the batboy or ballboy and in high heaven! As a boy of 8,9, 10, 11, 12 years old, you can just imagine how I felt sitting on the bench next to Buddy Shirley, Hamp White, Don Wilson, etc. or in the dugout with Moonie Winston, Pat Screen, Joe Moock, etc. I know most of these guys were before most of you guys time but they were stilll Tigers and the treat was the same as if it were now.

I practically grew up in Tiger Stadium selling hot dogs and cold drinks in the North end zone. so P&G runs in my veins big time and I'm damn proud of it!

BTW, we've had a real good representation here in OKC for the WCWS, probably better than anyone except Zero U.

:geaux: :lsug: :geaux: :lsug: :geaux: :lsug: :geaux: :lsug: :geaux:

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

WCWS?? What does that mean?

8. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Woman's College World Series I think.

Like a few others, both my parents went to LSU and raised me a Tiger fan.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I was hunting large game in the jungles of kenya when I was mauled by a bengal tiger, he spared my life when he found out I was actually a life long tiger fan who's family was from Port Baree. I vowed from that point on to tote the Tiger rag. :grin:

10. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

SE La. native.....that's all it takes.
    :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: