why nick saban is my choice for CEO of the year....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 9, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

first off.....i want to apologize to y'all for losing it sometimes and i will try to better control myself (this is my first chat room experience).....nick saban should be ceo of the year because he has instituted a goal management system that is perfect.....goals of the organization (team) are flowed down to the departments (offense and defense) and then to the employees (players).....the key point is that the players buy into this system because the ceo (saban) has set goals that lead to their achievement.....you see this everytime a lsu player is interviewed (the goals of the team are always first and they know their role.....very professional and the reason that this team will continue to win).....when mr. saban retires (much to your heartbreak) he will replace lou holtz (who i believe has lost the formula) on the corporate motivation lecture circuit.....

2. GMoney2600

GMoney2600 Founding Member

good arguement, but he isnt a CEO

3. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

in a certain sense he is being the head coach; true it's not the same thing as a fortune 500 company ceo but my opinion is that the same principles of success still apply....integrate the goals of the organization (team) with that of the individual (player).....lots of company's and teams try this and very few succeed like this coach has....that is how you build a winning tradition...

4. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I like it. Your best post yet!

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

According to Bertman Saban is the CEO!

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

First time I've ever quoted myself, LOL.

It is amazing how Saban controls the entire program but isn't micro-managing everything. He gets good people that either have the same beliefs or just trains them exactly the way he wants things done and lets them do their job. Everything I read just tells me that all of the systems in the football program are runnig smoothly and on all cylinders from recruiting, academics, weight and strength training, conditioning, character developement, media skills, P.R., facilities. You name it. To me that is a CEO as Skip let's him do what he wants within the confines of the institution, just like a chairman of the board would do with a great CEO.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

"Allow myself to introduce...... myself." -Austin Powers