Why no Chris Garrett info coming out of spring scrimmages?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Mar 23, 2010.

1. acemic

acemic Founding Member

I like seeing this Barrett gave up smaller schollies ( and one from toolame) to go to the school he loves. I hope one day he gets to play regular.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Wouldn't it be awesome if he turns into a friggin starter in a few years and wins an SEC championship?! It's a nice thought anyway - hope it comes close to being reality. :thumb:

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

All I know is that Lee has apparently always looks good (sometimes great) in Spring practices...its when he gets in front of tens of thousands of people that he cannot perform. I seriously doubt he gets under center as a Tiger again. It wouldn't surprise me if Garrett/Lee are 2 and 2a come fall.

4. Bandit88

Clearly, Lee has not been anything approaching consistent in pressure situations.

But with the current coaching staff, and Lee's apparent inability to quit, do you really think he's not going to see playing time?

I get that folks don't WANT him to play (I disagree, but I get it). But I don't get how, given the situation at hand, Garrett gets Lee's snaps even though Lee is arguably the one pushing Jefferson at every practice.

I bet he plays well before CG and I bet it won't take an injury to JJ to get Lee in the game. But I think it will take a comfortable lead in the fourth quarter (assuming JJ remains healthy).

5. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

If we can get a QB that can manage a game, then we'll be in good shape. I think that comes with experience.

6. Bandit88

Matt Flynn, Matt Mauck, Tim Tebow, McElroy....

You may be on to something...:)

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

We clearly need a decent backup QB. Jefferson's gonna get killed running the option or on a play where he holds on to the ball too long. We may find out early on what we have in Lee if he comes in for a drive or two or on mop-up duty toward the end of the game. But even if he struggles big time I have to think Miles is going to be VERY careful in what he does with Garrett.

It also helps when your OL is at least capable of adequate blocking against a mid-major DL. LSU must have something approaching a decent running game to help him become a good game manager.

8. Bandit88

I understand why Les Miles focused on Lee and JJ and if I were him I wouldn't have done anything differently in the Spring Game. Still...you can't help but wonder how Garrett might have done with a couple of series leading the White squad....

I have a sneaking suspicion about Garrett...a good one.

9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I have been a Tiger all my life and LSU has had QB play through the years. JJ at my house is done. He will have to earn me back.

I would move Lee to #1 and put JJ and CG at 2A and 2B.

My hope is in CG only because right now a unknown is better than a known.

1 person likes this.
  10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Which is exactly why Les should be, and is, taking his sweet time with Garrett. If I were him I'd also be buying time until he can ditch Crowton's a** and get an OC who actually knows how to develop QBs.