Why no Chris Garrett info coming out of spring scrimmages?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Mar 23, 2010.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This and I dont think to many more fans can watch another freshman make the same old mistakes......

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I read a comment by one of the Times Picayune sportswriters in a Nola.com blog yesterday that one reason that Chris Garrett didn't get any playing time to speak of in the scrimmage is that the NCAA rules restrict not only the number of days that a team can practice, but also the number of hours as well. This limits the number of reps the third stringers can get and virtually takes away the scrimmage time Garrett (and other third stringers) could get.

They also noted Lee's emergence in practice and said that Jefferson has trouble being comfortable in the pocket because he doesn't like to throw unless the receivers are wide open. They said he's good rolling out.

I think that Lee won't start next year, but I think the staff is more likely to go to Lee more than before. However Lee seems to need more time to get his timing down to be effective and this hurts his passing as a backup. I also think this is why the running game will be the primary tool in our offense. I look for both of them to hand off a lot and for Jefferson to run more option when he's in.

I wonder how Hatch is doing at Harvard...anyone hear or read anything? I'd really like to see him tear it up.

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I hope it gets cleaned up a bit, first.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

They only play for 3 months out of the year. What do you think they do for the other 9 months? Sit around hoping things get better? No. They work on things.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This is a very fair assessment of the truth.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'm down on Jefferson myself, but to ask for Lee instead is just insane.

7. roygu

roygu Founding Member

There is your problem. Paying any attention to anything he says is useless. His predictions are about as reliable as listening to your local meterologist give the weather forcast.

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

True dat. I like Les mostly, but from what he has said, to what happens in the games, well, his record is not too good, "We'll see more of Shepard..."; uhuh...

9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Let me rephrase.... I can't wait to see the new progress. Just because ny avatar changed, doesn't mean my attitude did. But I see where you're coming from.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I was really down on Jefferson last year, and regret it. I really, really, really want to see him do good this year.

Coach speak is hard to decipher, it applies to all coaches, and it can mean anything. Having stated that up front, did not get warm and fuzzies from the Miles' quotes posted earlier. I guess at heart I am a "half empty: kind of guy. I tend to multiply any negative and divide any positive comment.

One thing for sure, we will see!

HWR