Why no Coaches' help for our QB's during the game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Robinsonwrr, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Dat-Tiger-Fan

Dat-Tiger-Fan Founding Member

Well, maybe he needs to get up then and got to HIS team and try to get things together..Dude I feel for JJ..it's got to be tough knowing you are trying your best and it's not good enough, and having fans boo you dosen't help...but you can't pout about it and act like your giving up...

2. Dat-Tiger-Fan

Dat-Tiger-Fan Founding Member

you my friend are an idiot....If JJ completes th passes that are called the system works fine...no, the playcalling isn't perfect but damn, jj has completed 48% of his passes in the last 3 games 0 touchdowns 3 int's...but it's not the quarterback..read the statement in bold again, and then tell me it's not the qb...:insane:

3. Louisiananimal

Louisiananimal Wesley Austin

dropping easy passes will sure reduce a completion percentage, kill a drive, frustrate quarterbacks, cause boo's and even in TT's case cause an interception... the guy is doing all he can... receivers need to do there absolute best to make him look good or perhaps decent

4. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Sure, but there's a right way and a wrong way to do this. If you're not being a leader and taking charge, then it looks like a tantrum. If you're being a strong confident leader, then you can get on your guys and it appears appropriate.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Yes, but there's more to it. Forget the Wright incident. Look at his whole demeanor in the SECOND half. Ahab can blame it on frustration due to penalties, drops, etc...and I agree those things made a negative impact. But a leader doesn't then pout about it all second half when HE starts making mistakes. It was almost like he was embarrassed because he couldn't blame the one hoppers on anybody else. Like he wanted to dig a hole and crawl into it. That is NOT leadership.

6. Kliee

Kliee Founding Member

Many people (including myself) are tired of hearing about this guy. But this is the definition of leadership.

“I’m sorry. Extremely sorry. We were looking for an undefeated season. That was my goal, something Florida’s never done here. But I promise you one thing: A lot of good will come out of this. You have never seen any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season, and you will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season. You never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season. God bless.” - Tim Tebow

The only difference I see is the Tebow had the ability. I feel that JJ is trying his best, but like the old cliche' sometimes your best is not good enough. I do feel that the WRs need to step up their games also, but when it is a surprise to see a ball hit you in your hands sometimes you drop it.

7. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

Scowl ..... To wrinkle or contract the brow as an expression of anger or disapproval. Nowhere can I find any relationship to leadership in hat definition.

1 person likes this.
  8. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

Thats it right there....he isnt a "leader" by any means. By "nobody" I also think of the WR's and RB's...NOBODY talks to him. He has no support it appears from his WR's. Why should he after he throws the ball in places that IF they can actually catch it they are going to get 3 ribs broken.

And I am tired of hearing that he "managed" the game. Horse manure. Burger King needs a manager....LSU needs a leader.

1 person likes this.
  9. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

If I’m an idiot, what does that make you? Crowton’s system didn’t work at BYU, it didn’t work at Oregon, and it sure in the hell isn’t working at LSU and this is its 3rd year. In addition, the quarterbacks at each of those schools also dramatically improved the following year after Crowton left and even got drafted.

In addition, as dumb as you are I know you will say, well Matt Flynn, a 5th year senior, had no problem running Crowton’s offense. However, you are not only dumb as rocks but you are wrong as well. In 2007 thankfully Miles didn’t let Crowton run his system. Because Matt Flynn was a 5th year senior that had spent the previous 4 years in Jimbo Fisher’s offense, it wouldn’t have been fair to Matt Flynn to all of a sudden change the offense in his 5th year. Hence, Miles made Crowton run Fisher’s offense in 2007 with the addition of the pistol package and a read option passing package.

Thus, Crowton didn’t implement his offense until 2008 the year after Matt Flynn graduated and it manifested with JL throwing 16 interceptions and a new NCAA record 7 pick sixes in just 8 starts, and it has manifested again with dysfunctional offenses in both 2009 and 2010. However, per your post, apparently you are too dumb to realize it and so you blame JJ, instead of the coach responsible for coaching him in this horrible system.

Indeed, I have been saying since the end of last season that it didn’t matter who quarterbacked LSU because as long as Crowton remained, whoever it is would stink and I was right. In any event, don’t lose your day job in this piss poor economy; because it’s clear you want find another one.

1 person likes this.
  10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Link?