Why no Coaches' help for our QB's during the game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Robinsonwrr, Sep 28, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

You sound very familiar, do I know you from somewhere? This broken record tired rant has been worn to death. We get it, we all know it. You aren't the only one and you didn't call it and get proven right. You just made the same observation all of us have made, but were just more vocal about it. Most of us posted it once or twice and moved on.

2. Dat-Tiger-Fan

Dat-Tiger-Fan Founding Member

A: Right

A: No actually i was going to call you a moron aswell

A: This statement is insulting and degrading to rocks

A: So, are you giving Miles the credit on that good coaching move??

A: He was a true freshman...any qb would have struggled

A: Again, the qb had little to no experience last season, this season he just isn't executing the plays

A:I don't give a F**K who is calling the plays, if the QB one hops balls to open recievers, only completes 48%, 0 td's, and 3 int's...yes the QB is to blame. It's not like crowton is teaching jj to throw bounce passes.

A: And this is why I called you an Idiot

A: Don't worry, I am self employed, and I don't plan on laying myself off anytime soon

3. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Let's see.... he joined the board this summer yet references stuff he said in the past season, he rags on the OC, he repeats himself until his repetition is repetitively repeated to the point that no one wants it repeated repetitively...

I wonder...

4. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

No, it makes you a bigger idiot.

You are right about that, but nevertheless it is the obvious truth.

I give Miles credit for that one, but nonetheless had Miles not been handed an elite program on a silver platter, Miles and LSU never would have won a MNC in 2007. Hence, Miles gets credit for that one too, but not nearly all the credit.

Wrong, JL was a redshirt freshman. JJ was a true freshman, yet out performed a redshirt freshman. It seems the longer a quarterback spends in Crowton’s system, the worse they become.

Oh really, is that your same lame excuse for what happened at BYU and Oregon too? They had too little experience and Crowton’s coaching had nothing to do with that? Not to mention that Crowton has not only screwed up just one quarterback at LSU, he’s screwed up two of them now. Yet, according to you, it isn’t Crowton’s fault, it’s the quarterbacks. Yeah right!

By the way, what’s your excuse for JJ’s performance so for this year? Oh okay, he just isn’t executing plays, and never mind the piss poor coaching and even worse play calling. Meanwhile, the receivers have dropped a ton of passes and the offense has made ton of undisciplined unforced penalties. However, it has nothing to do with the offensive coaching staff, which just by coincidence happens to be led by Crowton again. Yeah right.

Did anyone ever point out that you are more than just a little narrow-minded?

Yeah right, and never mind all the dropped passes in the first half and early in the second half with even one dropped pass landing right into the hands of an opposing cornerback, and never mind all the unforced offensive penalties, an offensive line that couldn’t stop a three man rushing attack all night, and all the 3rd and long situations JJ was supposed to deal with as a direct result. According to you JJ is supposed to keep his cool for the entire game no matter what when nobody else on the team does, and the coaching staff that is responsible for putting that piss poor product on the field doesn’t deserve any of the blame whatsoever.

Moreover, you are wrong again as JJ only threw two interceptions in that game and only one of them was his fault, on another one that almost was intercepted, he was hit by a defender just before he released the ball, and the two one hop balls came late in the game when inexplicably Crowton called three pass plays in a row, after LSU had previously moved the ball down field via running plays.

If I’m an idiot, then you are a much bigger idiot, because Crowton hasn’t done anything but make quarterbacks look horrible since his stint at BYU no matter where he has been, and that now includes screwing up two quarterbacks at LSU.

5. Pringle

Pringle FUSC and FND

Sean Payton calls the game from the sidelines, and the relationship between QB and coach is all the better for it because they can talk stuff out face to face

6. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Really, is that your comparison? Crowton is no Sean Payton first of all. Payton is the Head Coach and has an OC in the booth doing what Crowton does. I've coached from the sidelines and you cannot see all that is going on.....not a good comparison, try again.

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

:rofl:

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Les Miles says Jordan Jefferson remains the starting QB at LSU - Campus Rivalry: College Football & Basketball News, Recruiting, Game Picks, and More - USATODAY.com

"Our quarterback play has to get better," Miles said. "Whatever we can do to make Jordan more aggressive. We just want him to play, have some fun, smile, do some things he's more comfortable with, simplify things maybe and let him have input. We need to just let him play."

9. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

10. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Hopefully that means cut anything that requires too much thought...like the read option. Just say hut an hand it to somebody. Or say hut, drop back and throw it where the receiver should be. Don't wait til he gets to the spot. Trust that he will go to the spot. JJ is bad right now but it's not as if he's running a sane offense. The playcalling is to his weaknesses. Does he have strengths?