why not russell sherpard?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by white river, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Thank god for T-Bob...that was a very heads up play to get the ball off. Of course it would have been horrible if Tenn didn’t have to many peeps on the field. You know the irony is that the reason behind the clock play last year is that they "thought" Ole Miss had 12 men on the field.

2. dbcobra

dbcobra Bleedpurple

I agree with letting RS have touches behind the center. I also think this team should be running the ball more. The only way this team is going to get better on offense is to "Run The Ball". We run and make 15 yards and the next 5 or 6 plays are pass plays. The offensive line becomes passive and inconsistent. It would open up the chances for RS and the other wide receivers. This is my opinion.
    However unless you have an OC that is tuned in to the game and has a real game plan, nothing is going to work, no matter who is at QB.

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

If they are so hell bent on running so many option plays they might as well put Shepard at QB. JJ is great at the draw but subpar at the option. He is too indecisive.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

JJ apparently isn't one either.

That hasn't stopped us from putting him out on the field. And he's starting against the Florida Gators at the swamp this week. Because apparently we STILL feel he is an SEC caliber QB after everything we have seen transpire on the football field for the better part of 2 years.

5. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

I doubt JJ will really start at QB, unless Miles is actually dumber than I think he is. However, I do expect him to play, which will hurt the team.