Why Oregon lost.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerpub, Nov 17, 2012.

1. CaptainTide

CaptainTide Veteran Member

The Stanford TD was absolutely the right call if you watch it very closely. I was very, very, surprised they overturned it, though, from the way that crowd was booing all night for every little thing that went against Oregon. I honestly slightly expected the fans to storm the field and destroy the referees after that call.

As for why they lost, they met someone with a defense. Stanford plays some physical football and has been very underrated this season IMO. We will see how they do against UCLA, though.

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

very frustrating game for getting spoiled/crybaby fans,.. I concur about the call.

I thought Stanford's defensive backfield won the game, a little undersized but fast, and good tackling, Oregon didn't get much yak, and we usually get a heap.
    The Ducks much needed a stronger 3rd down RB against Stanford.

CaptainTide likes this.
  3. CaptainTide

CaptainTide Veteran Member

Pretty much agree with you there.
    Overall, Oregon had a great season, nothing to be sad about. Shame you guys got knocked out of the Pac-12 championship, though..

4. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

It would be karma for a 1 loss Oregon who didn't play in their conference championship to jump Alabama. Unfortunately, the pollsters like Bama too much to let karma work it's magic.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Look at ND... play weak competition, stay independent and go to the BCS. Same srory with Oregon... play weak competition with only an offense... everyone butnthe SEC sucks.