Why OU fans think Les Miles is crazy

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rhino, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Rhino

Rhino Freshman

A couple of you have wondered aloud in posts why we think Les Miles is crazy. So, here's two videos that illustrate our belief in his craziness:

1. In 2003, before the OU/OSU game.
    http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=lesleterrip

The infamous 'Let er rip' video. Notice his weird-ass grin and his brooding moonwalk away from the camera.

They proceeded to lose 52-9.

2. In 2004, after the OU/OSU game.
    http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=lessss
    http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=leszilla - Godzilla edit

Take note of his "suckers" comment, how they learned "stuff" today and the lunacy of his voice. He acts like a rabid little bunny.

Inspiring? Yes.
    Sticking up for his players? Absolutely.
    ****ing nuts? Without a doubt.

====
    This is just an FYI, ****s-and-giggles post. I don't care who you get as coach. I just think that you can do better than Miles or Nutt.

2. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Ha now that was funny.

But I must admit, as a former football player, he sure had me fired up in the Let er Rip video!!!

If I was one of his players and I had seen that live. I'd have been ready to run through a wall for him.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Seriously, thanks for posting this stuff. I was wondering what all those comments referred to, and now I know.

PS-I think we can do better than someone who's won just over 50% of his games while in Stillwater, too. Upsetting Bob Stoops twice in four years is not reason enough to give someone a job at a top 10 program, IMO.

4. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

I actually like the guy now :thumb:

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He looked pretty fired-up to me. I don't see the problem. Southern boys can coach some football too.

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

He won just as much if not more then Saban did at Michigan State....I am not sure how people can say his winning % and use that purely as why we shouldn't hire him. Our last coach proved that to be incredibly wrong unless you look at all circumstances

7. soonerborn68

soonerborn68 Freshman

For All Tiger Fans Wanting Les Miles...

watch these first...:D

Any Sucker

Let'r Rip

Discuss.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Nothing wrong with a highly emotional coach. I am sure we could put Godzilla scenes playing in a Stoops video too and he would look even crazier.

Hey what about using an on-field interview like the one used in the first video. Stoops going into the locker room at halftime of last year's Sugar Bowl comes to mind right off the back.

Miles is a good coach. Sooner fans are just bitter becuase he's had their number on occasion.

9. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

Sure I will discuss. Why would you post the exact same video that is posted in the initial post in this thread? :confused:

10. soonerborn68

soonerborn68 Freshman

Actually two of us on Soonerfans got the same idea at the same time & posted threads independently...Obviously the admins rolled mine here...