Why Randall Should Start...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Sep 19, 2004.

1. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

This is not high school. If we can't throw the ball DOWNFIELD we will be lucky to win .750 %.. Why did we goafter these wideout if we are going to run qb draw. It's time to move on.

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

oh.. guess tommie frazier wasnt a running qb who won back to back titles.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Time for Russel and Flynn.

Time to move on.

The 5th year senior is not going to get it done.

We thought that he could approximate what Matt Mauck could do, but we were dreadfully wrong.

It is a shame that a RS freshman is just about as good as a 5th year senior, but that's the reality that we must face.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Mauch was throwing to senior wideouts, randall has a bunch of underclassmen who like to drop the ball and a suprisingly shakey line... give the guy a break. With the way the line is playing, Randall is the better choice simply for his mobility.

5. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I don't know, what were his stats?

I checked he had 3 times as many yards passing as he did rushing. So you are correct he did run. But he could complete a pass. Keeps everybody honest.

By the way we are all on the same team. ;)

6. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

I agree, I agree, I agree. Until the O line starts protecting the QB better, we need a QB in there that can scramble. Randall did that yesterday for positive yards. Russell just isn't very mobile. If he plays whole games we're in big trouble.

And no kidding about the JR colored glasses. It's really pretty ridiculous. Randall's opening drive yesterday was a perfect drive. He completed some perfect passes, drove 80 yards, converted some 3rd downs, and scored a TD. Russell played plenty and didn't look nearly as good on any of his drives. People need to get over the hype surrounding Russell. He's gonna be great, but he's not yet, and we need Randall to win this year. Screw throwing this year away just to give JR experience for next year. That's ignorant, and a pathetic attitude.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Did you mean, Randall (#12)? Or Russell (#4)? Russell is from Alabama, Randall is from LA...

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

That's false, he had one against Arkansas State.

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Randall in my mind has proven nothing this year. He makes poor judgements in the secondary. You bring up his first drive yesterday but anyone can get lucky once ( hell my watch is broken and its right twice a day). Russell has a better pocket stability. He sees the field very well. He needs to learn how to put more touch on the ball, but that will come with experience. I feel the only reason that Russell has not gotten the start is becuase of his practice regiment. In my mind he has stepped up and showed that he can move the ball in clutch situations, but still makes freshman mistakes. I feel that Saban should start and play him the rest of the season, W or L.