Why Steal Second?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ScoobaTiger, May 26, 2004.

1. ScoobaTiger

ScoobaTiger Founding Member

I am not a Smoke basher, so nobody get their pants in a wad. I was just wondering what was the strategy behind Buteau stealing second in the bottom of the ninth of the LSU-FLA game today. Was the sacrafice the right play to call to give your team a chance to win it? Again, I am not a calling for Smoke's head. I have been supporting the Tigers and Smoke fully this season and will continue to support them throughout the postseason.

Geaux Tigers and kick some Bulldog arse tomorrow!!

:geaux: :tigbas: :geaux:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's called trying to get the runner into scoring position and staying out of a double play situation. Unfortunately, the pitch was high and outside and the catcher made a good throw. By the way, he was safe. The Ump blew the call.

3. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

If he makes it, you have two opportunities to get the winning run home with a base hit. It didn't work out, but I can't argue the call.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Considering the amount of double plays LSU has hit into lately stealing second was not a bad idea. Sure it did not work out, but a sacrifice bunt attempt does not always work out either. :tigbas:

5. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Who gets the start tomorrow?

6. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Pensacola

Help me out.

What's the name of that Italian restaurant that's near the waterfront area where all those restaurants are located in Pensacola?

You take 110 South and then exit to hook up on 98. It's in that area.

btw, SabanFan is correct about why you steal second base.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah he hadnt been thrown out all yr. it was most def the correct call....just typical game 1 crap heh

8. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Carrabas is the newest and largest one near the foot of I-110 (a chain, but very good). Francos is the older, more authentic, hole-in-the-wall looking place that is very good- also on 98. Lillo's is on the water on Palafox (not on 98).

The best food in Pensacola is Jerry's Cajun on 9th ave-- loaded with LSU memorabilia.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Mestepay. :geaux: :lsug: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas:

10. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Francos is the name that I was looking for. Last year on July the 4th it was closed. Every summer around that time we travel to Destin. I've gotten to eat their once. I loved it. Last year, I ate at Carrabas since Francos was closed. I didn't care for it. It was your typical chain tasting restaurant. I like local hole-in-the-wall restaurants. This year, I plan to eat supper there again if all goes well.

Thanks.