Why team X beats Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tejasfight, Dec 23, 2002.

1. tejasfight

tejasfight Freshman

I know a lot of you believe that this is a fairly weak {Team X} team, but it isn't. We have a {fired up new / experienced former assistant/ proven veteran coach} and the team is really starting to {adjust/commit/believe} in/to his {system/style/leadership}. Current ownership of the {insert rival trophy here} is proof of that. If {Player A} hadn't thrown a couple of int's then we would really have pounded {insert rival team}.

1st reason we'll win - {Player A} is now playing up the the ability we all knew he had. Texas has a QB who only plays because his Daddy tells the coach that he has to play or he will walk. Besides being able to pass, {Player A} runs like he's on fire. Daddy's boy couldn't run if his shoes were motorized.

2nd reason - {Players B and C} are probably the two best and most under rated WR's in the Big 12/SEC/Pac 10/. Don't give me that Texas is loaded crap! We're just better at this position, hand's down. Texas is over rated big time here. When's the last time they had a receiver who caught ten or more passes in a game. We had {none/one/two/greater than two} last game, baby! Texas's only decent wideout, Williams, isn't close to {PlayerB} in production

3rd reason - balance. {Players D and E} keep the pressure off of {Player A} and the wideout's by pounding away at Texas. One things for sure, you can't cover everybody and we have a lot of weapons. {Player A} ran for {50/100/150/greater than 150} yards against {insert team} by keeping them guessing as to what we were going to do. The same thing will happen against Texas.

4th reason - Coaching. Brown is all hype and no bite. Sure he gets the media spotlight, what else is there in texas but football, but he can't coach worth a lick. That's why a school in a smaller state like Oklahoma can whip up on him. I hear that Brown has never won a conference championship anywhere he has ever coached! {Our coach} turned {previous shit coaching job} into a {SWC/WAC/ACC/MAC/Other} powerhouse. {Our coach} is in the top {15/25/50/greater than 50} nationally in winning percentage. He will out coach Brown just like Stoops.

5th reason - {Player F's catchy nickname} time baby! {Player F} will be first team all Big12/SEC/pac 10/big 10 next year. There is nobody better in the conference. In a close/blowout game, which this one will be, {Player F's catchy nickname} will make the difference.Texas's kicker won't know what to do when the {insert spirit group or stadium section- Buff Fans/Tiger's Lair/12thMan/The Zone/ Other} leads the students in a deafening yell taking the Texas kicker out of his game.

6th reason - {Player G} seems to score one just about every week. This week will be no different.

7th reason - Defense. Our all-american caliber LB's, {Players H and I} will wreak havoc on the Texas offense. Texas wishes they had the likes of {Player H}.

8th reason - {Player J}. He will be in the Texas backfield all day!

9th reason - We block a kick just about every week. Punt, extra point, field goal, what ever. We'll get one this week too. I'm betting it's a punt block. We all remember how easy it was for NC State to do it to Texas. They won't know what hit them.

10th reason - Home field advantage. It's going to be a big weekend in {insert shit town here}. The {insert lame local attraction} and the {insert other sport} game along with the football game will bring {Tiger/Aggie/Buff/Bear/Jayhawk/Other} fans in droves. We'll pack the house, baby! Texas won't be able to audible and will be stuck with Daddy's boy throwing int's.

Team X- {insert score}
    Texas- {insert lower score}

sincerely,
    {BuffGuy1/TigersRock/BearDaddy/OldArmySqueeze/Other}.

{Go Buff's!/Tigers!/Bear's!/Gig 'em/Other}! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Hook 'em, see ya in Dallas.

2. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

3. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I noticed that in your

generic fan description, there was no Sooner or Red Raider there.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

{Insert name of team with Longhorn mascot} is all {insert bovine sound} and no bite!

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

So much crap in the first sentence I didn't take time to read the rest.

The month of December is lasting for ever. I am ready for some football.

6. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I'll bite....

Boy it is a LONG time between the last game of the season and the bowl game. I am even replying to these kinds of posts...

Believe what you want, but LSU fans know that our team is not weak. Why do Texas fans always think that other fans have inferiority complexes about their own teams? Oh yeah, they are arrogant pricks!

Uh, {Player A} can't hit the broad side of a barn about half the time. We know that. We think that we can beat you anyway.

Pro scouts are drooling over Michael Clayton, but none of our receivers have looked like much this year because we have trouble getting them the ball. LSU fan's don't dog your WRs because we think that ours are better, we dog them because we think that our DBs will cover them pretty well and keep them out of the end zone enough to win the game.

Actually, we have 4 running backs that can make you pay. DD, Toe, Addai, and Shy. The passes actually keep the pressure off of them. :) No one on our team has busted any team for a bunch of stats. Our team this year plays as a team and there are no superstars. Everyone is expected to step up.

Can't argue with that one. Looks like I could have written it myself. :D

Like I said before, these guys play as a team. Any one of them can step up and make the critical play.

Nope, we don't have one of those anymore, he broke his arm.

Yep, most of the country wants Bradie James.

Nope, we don't have any one dominating pass rusher. They tend to all get back there at the same time. Of course when we send a Safety on the blitz, he tends to bounce off of the runner and the other team gains 10 yards. :mad:

You could line up everyone on the line of scrimmage outside of the hash marks and we STILL couldn't block a kick. We never even get close. I think that we try to maximize our returns because DD is pretty special and our Offense needs every yard the special teams can get for it.

Well, with the tickets that UT returned that LSU sold, we should have an extra section of LSU fans...

LSU 24
    Texas 17

sincerely,
    tigermark

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!

Screw you, see ya in Dallas. :)