why Texas was sure they would get Saban

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mancha, Dec 18, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If it happens Finebaum's show that day will be EPIC. Must listen radio.

2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Finebaum is on the UT search committee for a new coach (at least that's what he admitted to on his show the other day). Can you see him, under any circumstance, recommend little Nicky to the Longhorns.

3. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

Why in God's name would they have that Martian looking buffoon on their search committee?

Finbaum is lying his Gump loving ass off on that me thinks. The guy and his show is a joke.

bayareatiger likes this.
  4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That's total BS.

5. lsutygr69

lsutygr69 Founding Member

Why the hell would he be on that committee? I would love to have heard him say that. Read this:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...orns-hire-search-committee-new-football-coach

or for those that don't want to click the link:

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas athletic director Steve Patterson has appointed an eight-member advisory committee and retained an executive recruiting firm to aid in his search for theLonghorns' next football coach.

Included in the group tasked with finding Mack Brown's successor are two members of the UT System Board of Regents, Steve Hicks and Robert Stillwell, as well as former Regent Robert Rowling. They're joined on the committee by UT professor Michael Clement, U.S. federal judge Ricardo Hinojosa, former Exxon Mobil vice president Charles Matthews, Capital Royalty chairman Charles Tate and Pamela Willeford, former U.S. ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein and former chair of the Texas Higher Education Coordinator Board.

All eight members of the search committee were appointed by UT president Bill Powers in October to assist in Texas' athletic director search. They interviewed only two candidates, and Patterson was selected over West Virginia AD Oliver Luck following a three-week search.

Patterson also hired Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry International to help with Texas' search for a football coach. Korn/Ferry aided in Texas' AD search and also USC's search to replace former football coach Lane Kiffin.

Brown resigned on Saturday after 16 seasons at Texas. He has said he will not be involved in the search process.

6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I don't know. Some clown-gump caller mention Finebaum being on the search committee and Finebaum asked how he knew that. When the caller tried to talk about the open Texas job, Finebaum said he couldn't discuss it and went to the next caller. I thought it odd too, but it didn't sound like they were "jesting". Apparently my sarcasm meter wasn't working that day.

7. lsutygr69

I went home last weekend to Birmingham and it was amusing to me that some of my non football friends were asking me my take on the Saban to Texas thing. Big news over there. No matter how all this shakes out I do love seeing the squirming going on. And yes I am in the camp that it is not over till Texas announces a new coach not named Nick Saban.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The search has simply been far too quiet at this point.

It is simply not being discussed. That leads me to conclude that they already know who their man is going to be.

Richdog, Rouxleaux and lsutygr69 like this.
  9. lsutygr69

Agree, not much on such a high profile coaching search. When USC was searching there were posts all over about different possible directions.

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

If Chip Brown does not break the news before it is officially announced then I will assume that his 'source' was fired last week.