Why was the thread asking why the Major Applewhite thread was deleted deleted?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sneakyd, Jan 12, 2007.

1. sneakyd

sneakyd Founding Member

If threads are being censored i think thats ridiculous!

2. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It's a conspiracy I tell ya. Perhaps you should PM a mod if you are so alarmed?

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

If those got deleted, then I'm sure this one will too. I do think an explanation from the deletor is in order; especially since my thread contained nothing derogatory.

Better be careful or we'll turn into the ND boards. I'm sure Brett doesn't want his mods behaving like that.

5. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

in other news....I am officially declining my interest in the LSU OC job.

6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

And you will get a succinct, non-terse, informative reply. These guys all took Customer Service 101.

7. sneakyd

sneakyd Founding Member

I think its our avatars fanatic! they are both smoking! nazis!

8. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Hi guys,

I don't know why a thread was deleted but allow me to explain a little about how things operate.

Very few threads and posts are deleted. I know because I can see at a glance which ones have been.

Since I'm not on here as much as I used to be, I/we depend on the moderators to keep things somewhat civil, organized and on topic. They aren't paid to do it but do it voluntarily because I asked them to. The forum couldn't operate without them.

As we are all human, very rarely do all of us agree with everything every moderator does. We all do our best to stay impartial and stay on the same page but sometimes things get deleted that I wouldn't delete and I'm sure there are decisions I make they don't always agree with. When you ask people to make decisions and work for free you certainly can’t follow them around second-guessing every little decision they make.

Sometimes if a thread gets too off topic or if there are too many individual posts to delete, an entire thread will just be deleted. It doesn't necessarily mean the thread was bad or that "your" post was bad. It just got caught up with the rest.

Moderating the forum is also enough work in itself without having to personally contact each and every person that might have had their thread or post deleted. If you find your posts are regularly deleted you might need to reexamine your posting style or content. On the other hand if you feel your posts or threads are being unfairly targeted you may always contact me about it and I will certainly take a look at the situation. We've always strived to maintain an impartial forum for people to express their views.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Geaux Tigers!

9. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Why ask why?

10. bamawhamma

bamawhamma Founding Member

Looks like the modoraters think LSU fans don't need to know bama got Applewhite.