Why would Alleva waive the Michigan buyout?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scottz87, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I love Miles, but he signed a contract.

Why should that get waived? If Michigan wants him, pay up.

Plain and simple.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Miles won't be waving if/when he leaves anyway. He may be sticking the bird to all the negatigers though. Won't bother me, I've told him eff U many a times already.

People get up every day in court and lie under oath, dissolve marriages after declaring, in the presence of God, to never do so, and you're saying a piece of paper means something?

3. cam02$$bags

cam02$$bags Veteran Member

why is the buyout even being discussed.

the top 100 TAF supporters, just like the top 100 michigan boosters can write a check for 1.25MM and not blink.

the buyout is nonsensical it is so low, so waiving it is classy, because it just doesnt mean anything. Its like having a pre-payment penalty of 100.00 on your 500k mortgage, lol.

4. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

Waiving is an issue because there are Huge budget problems at LSU. how many jobs can 1.5 million save at the University. If Miles leaves I sure hope they don't waive the buyout.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not many if they're coaches. :wave:

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

No money problems with the athletic side of it, and the budgets are seperate. (Yes, I know the academic side gets money from the athletic budget when they need it, but Les' salary doesn't affect LSU's academic budget crisis...)

7. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

Didn't realize that.. thanks for the clarification. Either way I can't see how you would waive 1.5 million for saying thanks when that money could be used for something else. Surely there is a sports team that could use 1.5 million worth of upgrades to their facilities.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Look at it a different way. Thanks to the success of the football program, under the leadership of CLM, the athletic dept is doing just fine financially.

FWIW, I have no idea why they are doing this...or if they even ARE doing what's been reported. Like I said, it could be that they're waiving the buyout from his new LSU contract. We'll find out soon enough.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The buyout is not to try influence a coach to stay. $1.2 million is nothing to Les or to Michigan. The buyout is so LSU can pay off the contracts of the assistants Les leaves behind. I can't see any reason for LSU to waive it.

10. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

True nuff! How many windows in the aging Tiger Stadium would 1.5 large replace?