Wildly funny story from the Sugar Bowl (In my opinion anyway)....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerEducated, Jan 19, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Did anyone else notice when they recognized dignitaries on the field of the Super Dome during the Sugar Bowl what happened?

Oklahoma officials, and some Louisiana officials were all recognized, as well as given close-ups that appeared on the Jumbo-Tron as they gave their "pageant waves".

Did anyone else notice how Governor-Elect (at that time) Kathleen Babineaux Blanco was booed mercilessly, and then immediately soured up that 60 year old puss of hers when the boos came cascading down on her?

I thought it was hilarious...Does anyone else remember seeing that?

2. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Dude drop the kathleen stuff!

She's our governor elect. Did you not see the final polls. Get over it! LOL.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

http://tigerforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12164

4. TigerEducated

Actually, the innauguration was last week, I believe, which means she's no longer our governor elect...Just governor...So drop the elect, okay?

BTW-Anytime I find something funny that involves the governor, it is not directly indicative of a case of sour grapes, it's because I have a sense of humor....

You might look into it, snakebite...

5. SabanFan

I was reading through the old "Blanco got booed" thread and came across this statement which hit the nail on the head about many La. voters:

6. TigerEducated

Link that thread to me, SabanFan...

7. SabanFan

I linked it above. Third post of the thread. It's in Free Speech Alley, page 2, I believe.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Gov. Blanco's husband was a Dean at USL when I was there. In 1974 at the end of the Spring semester their was a lot of tension in the air during finals. They had arrested a guy for streaking(?) earlier that day and the ambassador to France just happened to be walking by with the president when the guy went by. So the 4 corners were packed that night and the tension was way up. Hardly anyone was in the bars and the streets were jammed. An El Camino was going by and 3 girls that were hiding under a blanket stood up in the back and were stark naked. They were going to streak the easy way. A city cop car tried to follow them but the crowd blocked the car and then someone threw a bottle at the rear windshield of the cop car. Before you knew it there were about a 100 cops around us. Dean Blanco comes down and is trying to get everyone calmed down and off the street but it isn't working. He gets on the bullhorn and announces free beer at the student union. It worked well.

We had met Dean Blanco the night before at a panty raid when the mayor of New Iberia's son came by to streak with a ski mask covering his head. They let him do it but then the idiot started popping the gator and was arrested for about the fifth time that year. So Dean Blanco comes up to us in the union and and asks our group if we would be interested in streaking, we laughed him off but he said he was serious and that if we stayed on campus nothing would happen, he wanted to ease up the tension. So about 10 of us streaked down the horse shoe next to the union with half the school standing out there, it was pretty funny. All the campus cops were standing there just itching to arrest us I'm sure but they didn't. We hopped into the back of a friend named David Courtney's pick up truck and he took off and drove OFF campus, the idiot. Lafayette cops were all over us. We were trying to get dressed in the back of that damn truck and it was hysterical. Luckily for us they only took David to jail and we had a moment that none of us will ever forget. My best friend called me last week and told me that when the Gov. took the oath of office he saw Dean Blanco standing by her side. Had to pass this story on.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Well, that story fit the bill of "wildy funny" much more than TE's. I'm sure it was even funnier for you guys.

10. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

As a rule I never Vote for a Democrat and I always boo them at Football games if they want to be recognized.