Will 7-5 or 8-4 have Miles run out of town?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

At the time he was hired Saban's talent was all he had to work with.:lol: :thumb:

2. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

i still contend miles is in over his head at lsu. time will tell but last years senior laden team had emotion which carried over from the years with saban. miles is totally emotionless. no facemask pulling or screaming in the faces of players when they **** up. imo less=no fire. this is not osu.

3. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

What was the Tigers record before Saban got here? How was the talent base?

These are just questions to consider. I think Les is a good recruiter but let's see how good of a coach he is.

4. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Kajun, I guess these people can't even consider that Miles might be in over his head. I think he has to clear himself of Saban's talent and then weather the storm. I agree with you that he might be in over his head.

If the Tigers drop a 7-5 this year let's see where the blind bats might be. They'll be in the cave with the rest of the blind bats.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Sure we can, but we're not foolish enough to suggest he'll be "run out of town" after this season if he went 7-5 or 8-4. Recent history tells us this will be a difficult year b/c of our schedule ... it happens in even numbered years. What was our 2004 record?

But consider all the facts of the 2005 season ... new coaching staff, hurricanes that postponed and moved games, playing 11 (or was it 12?) consecutive weeks, etc. Sure, there some questionable coaching that went on during the year. But look at the overall year and consider all the facts. Look what happened when they had a chance to catch their breath and prepare for a bowl game without all those distractions.

Yes, I still have questions. But short of Miles molesting a young boy, he'll be our coach in 2007.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Considering that Miles did with Saban's talent what Saban couldn't do with Saban's talent, I think LSU has a lot of happy years ahead with Miles as the HC.

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Yep, comparing every year from now on out to one season, 2003, is gonna be tough on any coach, even Saban (had he stayed), if that one year is someone's only point of reference.

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

What did he do with Saban's talent that Saban didn't? Lose the SEC CG?:hihi:
    Just messing with ya on this one, but I'd like to hear your answer.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I'm sure she meant in comparison to the year before. Ya know, when Auburn won the West.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I kinda figured she meant beating BAMA, Auburn, & Florida in the same year, but I just couldn't resist taking a jab when the opportunity presented itself.