Will 7-5 or 8-4 have Miles run out of town?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Jun 15, 2006.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

How about beat Bama, Auburn, and Florida all in the same year. Or maybe beating Florida in TS.

:thumb:

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

:thumb:

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

3 sure things:

1. The sun rises in the east

2. the sun sets in the west

3. as soon as someone farts some negativity about clm, vienna is there to sniff it.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This is a great point!
    Les Miles should've been coach of the year for every award that was presented, no one overcame more than this LSU team did for the season.

I didn't like some things I saw but our defense was able to adjust and improve,this is the most important thing I took from last year.
    Uncertain things can happen with a new coaching staff during the first season, they have to adjust as well as players to coaches not to mention what they had to deal with from disasters.
    Questionable things will happen in these circumstances.

I'm not totally sold on Miles but the fact is he gets the credit along with the players and deserves to be LSU's football coach for years to come until proven otherwise.
    I hope he turns out to be the next NS in his own way.
    The thing is people will be questioning him for years to come.
    Just think when all of NS recruits are gone and its only LM's recruits left.
    I'm very optimistic after what I saw in the Peach Bowl!:helmet: :geauxtige

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Means nothing. There have been quite a few successful coaches that keep their cool on the sidelines. Saban wasn't the only coach to win in the NCAA. Don't let the 'he's not Saban syndrome' skew your opinion. In Nick's own words, 'It is time to move on!'

I'll be the first to admit, we barely beat a lot of teams that I think we should have trounced. But a win is a win in the history books. The bottom line is that he completely transformed the OSU program, so he knows what he's doing. Just look at how bad OSU was the first year after he left. And Gundy did that with 'Les's talent.'

And how do you feel about his preparation for the Peach Bowl? I'd say the man did something right...

6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

11-2 #5 Finish? Over his head? 3 LSU coaches have won 11 games at LSU ever.

Winning with Saban's talent..what about losing with it too? Saban did not recruit enough OL in either the 2003 & 2004 classes. 2 OL in 2003 (1 is actually on the team) 3 in 2004. That's a total of 4 OL in 2 recruiting classes.

Who will you and "The Big Sausage Man" blame when our OL shows a lack of depth & inexperience?

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

muahahahahahah

Less Smiles ... Coach of the year ...

Roll that Tennessee 2nd Half footage ... g-bye NC in 2005 ... Roll that SECCG footage ... & I'd love to see some "bootleg footage" of Miles & Skipper pimpin' for a Cotton Bowl berth the week of the SECCG ... you clowns make me sick.

Miles is still loaded with and starting much of Saban's recruited and developed talent ... What Miles does or doesn't do won't mean diddly if Georgia or whoever stomps him again ...

IMO, Miles will never win the big one ... SECCG or BCS NC ...

Miles is a good and mediocre coach ... just an OL ... in fact a friggin "oaf".

Gimme a good former QB or brilliant offensive mind (Spurrier, Leach, etc) for a coach any day over an OL "oaf" ... you can wiggle and grunt all you want girls ... THE FACTS & STATS SUPPORT TRUTH

Have a nice day!

8. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

why do you have a problem with a poster who may believe miles is in over his head in the sec? any one who thinks we have some coaching gem here because of an 11-2 #5 finish with an inherited squad made up of 4 and 5 stars is fooling themselves.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm not anti-Miles, but I can't take the "look what Miles' record was in his first season" babble. Did we ever have a coach before who did good in his first season (rhymes with starcher)? I'm excited about the upcoming season, but there are still alot of unknowns when it comes to Miles.

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Of course, including other similarities to Archer.

So far, all I've heard is the fact that he was successful in his first season. If that's the sign of a coach that will eventually flounder, I suppose you people would have been happy with someone that struggled in their first year?

Seriously, what else has he done that is Archer-like? He appears to be a much better recruiter than Mike, bringing in such a highly-touted recruit whose name rhymes with 'Theraflu.'