Will 7-5 or 8-4 have Miles run out of town?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Jun 15, 2006.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

That's really the question here. Who is sold on Miles? I'm not. I think he is a decent man but I'm not sure he understands how competitive the SEC is when it comes to football.

When it's all said and done I hope he is the answer. That question won't be answered until Saban's people are gone IMO.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

No? You don't think a year of barely beating the likes of Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, etc. gave him any idea of that? You really don't think that he knows how important defense is in this league by now? Do you also think that he can't tie his own shoes?

I, personally, think it was the best thing for him to win so many close games. Don't think for a second that he doesn't know by now how tough this league is. He's coached in it much longer than you.
    Why does it matter if that 'question is answered?' You're not gonna be happy if he wins with 'Saban's people?' Saban only had one 11-win season with 'Saban's people.'

3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Miles did the job he was hired to do. He hired very good asst. coaches, recruited with the best in the land, and handled the storms & other Student Athlete problems with dignity.

As for a team loaded with 5 stars? Les inherited exactly 4 - Five star players: X-man, Doucet, Wroten & Vincent. He also signed 3 Five Stars: Woods, K.Williams & Perrilloux. Sure we have plenty of 4 star players, Les has brought in quit a few of those for the future as well.

Archer did not recruit well - period. And if you think a "Trained monkey" could have won with last year's talent, put Dinardo/Tepper or Hallman/Bugar out there..whatcha think our record would have been?

If you just hate our coach for whatever reason, there is no point in continuing the discussion.

:geauxtige

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Why do ya'll keep responding to idiots? They'll never go away.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Idiots know how to spell y'all i think?

(just go with the typo excuse, you won't look quite as stupid.)

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I never knew there was an official spelling

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i guess the question is what exactly does it take to be "sold" on a coach? what does it take for the coach to "prove" himself? is it a mnc? is it several sec titles? winning the west? consistent top 10? i would like to know specifically what the measuring stick is.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

now you know.

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

FUTURE FORECAST------------

MILES FIRED AT LSU AFTER 2006 SEASON. HE WENT 13-1 AND LOST THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BY ONE POINT TO USC. NOW THAT HE HAS NO TALENT LEFT FROM THE SABAN DAYS, THE LSU FAITHFUL DEMANDED HIS DEPARTURE.................:hihi:

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Why stop there?

LSU could go 14-0 with a 1 point WIN over USC for the National Championship, and some LSU fans would want him fired because he didn't win by enough!