Will a coach like...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TD TIGER, Dec 27, 2004.

1. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

Mike Price even be considered? I have no feelings either way, and I'm sure the baggage will scare most away, but the guy won at UTEP. That's right, UTEP.

2. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

He does seem like a very good coach but the "its rolling" escapade is to fresh in everyone's mind. Since there was an anti-Tubby email campaign, could you imagine this one?

3. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

Hey

I just posed the question, I didn't say I was for him. I just said you can't deny his history of winning and I'm wondering if someone like him will even be considered due to his escapades.

4. max

max Founding Member

There are not a ton of Mike Price quality coaches. He won the Paul Bear Bryant Coach of the Year Award. The one that Nick won last year. He took Washington State as high as it could go. Now, he has done an amazing job in his first year at UTEP. I don't think Skip will pick a coach that has gotten into the mess that Price did, but I think that whole thing was overblown. He doesn't seem to be an overly moral man, but he got drunk and took a stripper back to his room. He was passed out and she took his Bama credit card out and ran up a tab. I would feel pretty good about Mike Price.

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hell, FightinTiger, you'd prolly need to eliminate most everybody ...... we've all been there a time or two in our lives.......some more than others. :lol:

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Actually, there is an Escapades Club around the corner where we could give him a lifetime membership in his contract.

7. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I went in to Arety's Angels in Pensacola last year jsut to check out the scene of the crime. it was definitely a skanky place. :lol: even the drinks were skanky. :grin:

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to the guys at SoonerFans for these.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I was 20 years old and knew who Nick Saban was...He had an extensive writeup in Sports Illustrated as they followed his team as it prepared for a big game against Notre Dame (They lost at home)...and his name was one that was somewhat familiar to me. I had paid a lot of attention to the buildup of our first bowl game appearance of the 1990's. That was the Indy bowl of 1995 up in Shreveport. He was there, and everyone there spoke glowingly of him. He had more than a few future NFL players on that team. A fullback that ws suspended for the 1st half who went to the League, as well as Tony Banks at quarterback (Starter for the Rams & later the Ravens), and Sedrick Irvin, a current NFL roster running back, just off the top of my head.

He recruited guys like TJ Duckett, Plaxico Burress, Jeff Smoker, Darren Howard, Irvin, and Banks, and that was while fighting it out with Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, and the rest of the Midwestern Powers of the Big 10(11)...

I knew about him a long time ago...But, then again, I'm a college football afficionado...I watch it all...

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Im not sure I would want him as a coach but he CAN coach. Washinton freakin State...Anyone ever been to that boil on the a$$ of the world? I have and there is nothing there, and nothing for 100's of miles around. It is truely in the middle of nowhere. If you can recruit kids there you can clean up in a place like LSU.

And UTEP....OMG! UTEP is in a bowl with a winning season. Who woulda thunk it? The guy could have been wicked good at Bama.

It is hard to get over that "rollin" incident though. He is/was a bit of a party animal and in Pullman, Washington, it didnt really matter but under the microscope of Bama it wasnt going to last.