Will a vote for Jindal be a vote for Foster?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUtigah, Oct 7, 2003.

1. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

I think it would be foolish not to slightly think that the election of Jindal would not be a re-instatement of the Foster administration.

That being said, any opinions?

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Jindal is his own man...all you have to do is look at www.bobbyjinadl.com and look at his plan for reworking the state from the ground up...

If you think after reading that that he is a "Foster Flunkie" then you need your eyes checked...

He is his own man, and Foster helped him on his journey, but trust me when I say this guy is a MUCH more dynamic presence, a much more intelligent man, and a much more effective individual to be governor of this state.

Foster did it because he wanted to be Governor...as Edwards once said, "It turns me on to be Governor"...

Jindal wants to do it because he's genuinely interested to see if he can rework the state and make substantive change.

3. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

TE, the man looks like a hell of a candidate..

Given the obstacles of LA politics can he get "it" done....?

4. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

Screw Louisiana, let's talk Georgia Senate Race!

Biggles or Mary Squires? Forget the Republican Reps and those Uncle Toms on the GOP side, the real action is on the D side. Sir Biggles, when will you officially make your annoucement? I have the Chattanooga Brigade armed and ready for your call!

5. TigerEducated

Biggles...the people have been ready for change for a long time...and they have voiced that readiness through votes for Downer, Leach, and Jindal...Which together, make up 50% of the popular vote...

Ieyoub and Blanco got by on name recognition...

Ieyoub laid out the $$$ and the endorsements from black groups and the AFL-CIO...which won't be there for Cathy...

Blanco got by through not saying a thing at all...When you can't be pinned down, you can't get accused of anything, and with an office like Lt. Governor, she couldn't be convicted of doing anything if she were accused.

It's no given that the Democratic vote will coalesce behind Blanco, nor that the black vote will turn out en masse for Blanco, since they view Jindal as a non-hostile candidate.

It's the first time in recent Louisiana history that the street money and who can deliver the black block vote will be neutralized...

Cleo, the dollahs, and the endorsements of major labor groups and black organizations will be on the sidelines...

The voters are at one end...and they've spoken with their votes about "getting it done"...When Jindal takes office, then the "other end" will be there and want to get it done...

The public at one end...the Governor at the other...the middle-the Legislature-will be squeezed...

They'll get with the program-WITH THE QUICKNESS.

6. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

A very optimistic view indeed TE.

I, however, disagree that the block black vote will be neutralized.

And while I don't think that Jindal is a "Foster Flunkie", you need to re-examine why Foster went with Jindal to begin with. As one who is around capitol politics with much frequency, I can unequivocally say that most, if not all, of Foster's administration will remain in place should Jindal get elected. Hope you were happy with the last 8 years. And, perhaps Jindal is genuinely interested to see if he can rework the state and make substantive changes, but you would be short-sighted to believe that there are no other motives for his seeking office or that he will be as effective as you think.

That being said, I agree that Jindal is the more dynamic and intelligent of the two.

7. TigerEducated

Leach should have been Ewing...I apolgize for the oversight...I hope I confused no one...I left before looking back over that one...

8. JD

JD Founding Member

Glad to see your bipartisanship is showing through - bad labor money, but business buying politicians is good.

Anyway, I think your analysis is faulty - I'm not convinced that Jindal can dominate the south la vote, and I'm talking white vote. I just don't see masses flocking to Jindal like they did to, say, RAy Nagin for NO mayor, or even for Foster 8 years ago.
    And who's right - he better drop the plays from his Pat Robertson playbook - and even then, some people won't believe he has really dropped it.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I think Jindal got Foster's war chest for one reason. Foster sees him as a beatable opponent in four years. I truly hope you are right about Jindal TigerEducated as he is now the only vilable option for a productive governor. I hope he is truly his own man and not Foster's puppet.

10. JD

JD Founding Member

to me jindal, and I may vote for him, is a punk who could use a good ass kicking (sort of like david vitter), - he's an asshole.
    Blanco has few negatives and is a pleasant person