Will Brady bring us the West

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Aug 5, 2004.

1. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

It would be nice to get the basket ball team to do well.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I don't know about you but Tack could shoot from the outside, Whipple, I'm
    not sure what his role is.

Koundja couldn't shoot a lick from the outside, not even close.
    This team may need Tack shooting and not passing because they were horrible shooting last year.

Like I said after the Utah game last year, this team needs to be a fastbreaking team.

If you remember the run they went on in the Utah game when on the fastbreak and when they went to the half court game the game got close again because that team was less effective in the halfcourt game.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Wow. 11 replies and only one cheap shot at the coach. Way to go guys. I guess all of the venom toward Bush and/or Kerry has taken the edge off for CJB. A welcome and refreshing change for this :lsug: forum.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

None of the shots taken at Coach Brady are cheap...The shots are fine.

It's John that does such a splendid job of making them look cheap with his behavior and decisions...

Thought you figured that out, by now...

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Cheap, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Never said anything about Whipple... With Tack, you never know what you are going to get. I know most of this was simply inexperience and youth but he would really get out of control at times (sometimes more often than not)and throw up poor shots or errant passes. There were a few moments in games though where he put together series of outstanding play and the team fed off of his play.

As for Whipple though, I'd like to seem him used as a spot up shooter, working off screens underneath and getting open behind the line. He can shoot lights out form three point range when he's on his game.

7. TigerEducated

I don't know your age, but I know if were old enough and if I had a daughter, he wouldn't be someone I'd want mine with...

I also wouldn't want him to represent my business or my best interests in any way, shape or form.

I know if you were his supervisor, his performance reviews, his public comments, his behavior and demeanor and decision making, both on the job and off, would lead you to question his motives...and would lead to a sub-par review...

The guy lambasts the media after a close win over a mediocre team this past year, and then he goes out and gets blasted to end the year...

But, I don't want to get too far off on a tangent...I'd just like for you to answer me ONE question...

Name me one...just ONE...single quote where John Brady has taken accountability for the outcome of a negative situation. Whether it be a loss. Whether it be his behavior. Whether it be the behavior of a player he's responsible for as the man who brings them onto campus. Whether it be for the failures for a season.

Name me ONE SINGLE TIME, SabanFan...Just one...

Your defense (and at times, you've been directly quoted as "not defending" him, at others saying you're a "big fan") of this absolute dolt is quite entertaining, and it's painfully obvious you're on the wrong end of the conversation each time, no matter which ever changing and shifting position seems to be (since it's always a non-negative towards Brady slant)...

Just one single quotation, SabanFan...Just a single time...Because I can name at least TWICE where he's blamed Jaime and he's blamed Thomas Davis DIRECTLY for failures of the LSU Basketball team...

No matter their behavior or their play (Davis dropped an easy pass to win the game at home against UGA two or three years ago), you NEVER blame the players...NEVER...

If you blame the players, then it's obvious to everyone who brings those players on campus...

;-)

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

wait, tigereducated dosent like john brady? hmm, thats weird.

i like john brady.

9. TigerEducated

The nefarious non sensical non capitalizer strikes agian!

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Just answer the thread already, "Will Brady bring us the West" and are you hoping for good things for this basketball team this year? :) :) :) :) :)