Will Brady bring us the West

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Aug 5, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

ok, i can answer those:

Will Brady bring us the West?

maybe. i will say 74% chance

are you hoping for good things for this basketball team this year?

definitely, i love big baby. i love brandon bass. i love brady. i love lsu basketball.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I am merely a fan of LSU athletics, including basketball. He's the coach. I like the coach. I have never been one to criticize coaches at any level. That's just me. I am not an expert, don't profess to be and will not criticize Brady for any part of his job or life any more than Brady would criticize me. If LSU wins, I'm happy. If LSU wins, I'm sad. That's it. Simple as that. I don't go into the whys, wherefores and who the hell is to blame thing that a lot of people do. That is not meant as a criticism. Fans like to dissect and discuss. I don't. So don't try to get me into a debate about Brady.

3. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

IM still not convinced that Brady is the right man for the job. How long do you get to coach a team w/out making a mark in the NCAAT. How long will LSU give him b/4 he gets to the final four? I think he doesn't know how to recruit. Every player that is on the team is there b/c they've all ways wanted to go to LSU. When was the last time Brady swayed a good player from out of state to come to LSU? I know he lost out on some good ball players from Louisiana. I can't believe that they gave him an extension and a raise. LSU will never win the west as long as Brady is in charge. He sucks as a coach and something tells me that he doesn't know how to run an offensive scheme. Where did LSU find this bum?

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

This team lacks pure shooters. I'm not talking about guys who can get on a streak and light it up the first half. Shooters, who you better not leave open at anytime during any game or they will make you pay. If Brady can't win the West and get into the Tourney and make a lil noise, it's probably time. I'm not some big Brady fan, I just want the team to do well, and dumping the coach for the personal reasons would phukk it up for a few more yrs. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How old would that daughter have to be? 10? 21? Big difference there in how society looks at it.

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Well, if she were 10, I wouldn't want her around him because of his language, but that's not something I'd hold against him if she were 21...

If she were 21, I wouldn't want her with him for reasons that many here say I should "go to the Advocate with" or "can't substantiate" or "shouldn't speak about in an open forum because it hurts LSU".

Either way, not an ideal man from a character standpoint, and above all else, if we want nothing else for LSU, we want a team (read: A group of basketball players) that we can be proud of.

I guess that Brady's chest as well as others here swells with pride at the very thought of Shawnson Johnson, JueMichael Young, Jaime Lloreda and Spencer Ford (who we almost tried to bring in even AFTER his personal problems at JUCO)...

Those are the types of players you guys are proud of, eh? The types that you would give Brady the benefit of the doubt on, I guess...A guy who lasts 1.5 games, a convicted assaulter of women, a thug who beat up opposing players and his own teammates (at least he was an equal opportunity thug), and another who flew the coop before he even GOT HERE he was so messed up personal problem-wise...

The guy has done enough damage...His bizarre antics, biting the hand that feeds him, blaming of players for team failures (You win as a team; you don't lose as individuals, John...Though I can point to at least TWICE where he's pointed out in the media that he thinks that isn't true), and overall sh!tty decision making in recruiting and "other" matters that shall remain unhashed simply point to the fact that the man is unfit for the position he holds.

SabanFan, your cop out is in the tradition of many a great and storied Louisiana politicians who've come before you...

You'll be quick to lament the losses, but never one to analyze the root cause?

Give me a break...You know as well as I do the bottom line is that the guy flat out either isn't ready or is at his peak and will never be ready for the bright lights and the glare of the media...

No one here remembers in the pre-season where this guy was quoted in the Advocate talking about Brandon Bass and Tack Minor and comparing what he thought our season would turn out like and Syracuse's just completed run to the NCAA Title.

This guy was talking NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, last season...

"I won't criticize Brady," that's real rich...So, you'll give him credit where credit's due...But, you'll never hold him accountable for the failure, right? What a win-win situation...No wonder the guy hasn't been canned...With myopic views such as that, I'm wondering if you're not a State Civil Service Employee...

7. lmb20988

lmb20988 Founding Member

Brady will bring us the West and then some.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Don't put words in my mouth. I said I don't criticize coaches. It's not my place to hold Brady, Smoke, Saban or any coach accountable for anything. Nor is it yours.
    Based upon your vitriol directed at me, objective observers should consider the source when reading your rants.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i wonder how many times i have already read that same rant about brady from TE. quite a few. kinda boring.

10. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

can someone post another article link...i can't find it

thanks