Will Brady bring us the West

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Aug 5, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

SabanFan...If you are a consumer of a product, and not only are you a consumer, but you are a consumer who has a close, respected and shared bond with that product, then to comment or to raise concern about it not only your place, but mine as well.

My MONEY supports LSU through the sales of season tickets and merchandise that's officially licensed products. My MONEY supports LSU through the newly formed Tradition Fund. My MONEY supports LSU through the Tiger Athletic Foundation.

I don't know about you, but if I pay money, then I have a right to hold people accountable. I have the right to lambast them in public if they make mistakes.

The TAF supplements the income of all coaches at LSU. This includes John Brady. Which means not only the Tradition Fund and season ticket sales, but the TAF money I spend gives me the right to comment on the product. The person responsible for the product is John Brady.

Yet another copout on your part...Interesting how my "rants" are only tired to those who take umbrage with them on a philosophical basis.

We now know that SabanFan feels that even though he might not agree or disagree, it's not his place to comment, and even though others pay GOOD, HARD EARNED money to support LSU Athletics, our is not the place, either.

I guess you feel the same way about the public money that John Kerry received, right?

I mean, when and where does accountability begin for this program. Obviously, the administration was ready to make a move before Emmert left. Rudderless after his announcing his departure, they moved and took a step backward. Why-if I'm paying money as a consumer and not just a fan to support these programs-do I not have a right to critique John Brady?

My money supports his program. Bottom line. I have the right, and so do you, if you've ever spent DIME ONE on LSU Basketball. You choose not to, but your support of your lack of criticism doesn't hold water...

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Have you seen the show Airline. You're the guy who's screaming at the agent because weather has delayed your flight.

3. TigerEducated

Meet SabanFan again, Tiger Forums...The guy who says that you should have no opinion of the coaching performance of any sports or athletics team on LSU's campus...

Think however highly you want of the players, or their exploits, but don't chortle in the wrong direction of the coaches who perform for the fans who pay their salaries, because it's not your right...

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Kraft Macaroni and cheese supports LSU :hihi:

Give it up Sabanfan ... your ****'s in the wind :hihi:

5. SabanFan

OK class. Time for a little reading comprehension lesson.
    I said:

I did not say fans could not critcize coaches. I just said that I do not choose to criticize coaches.

In another post I did say:

I stand by that statement. You can criticize until the cows come home, but it is not up to fans to hold coaches accountable.

From Dictionary.com:

accountable

\Ac*count"a*ble\, a. 1. Liable to be called on to render an account; answerable; as, every man is accountable to God for his conduct.

The coaches are not answerable to fans. To ADs, University administration, maybe. But not to you and me.

Again, get down from your high horse and quit acting like you are more than you are. And, if you are going to attack me, base it on fact.

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Irregardless of what you think

Saban himself ... ~K~N~O~W~S~ he's accountable to the fans ...

any other line of thought is pure fantasy ...

Help Mac Pac! Dinardo must go! ... jogging any memories

7. SabanFan

You are not that dumb Ramah. Any fan who thinks they were a factor in the firing of a coach probably believes that Right Guard will put a hole in the ozone.
    That aside, and literally speaking, coaches are not accountable to fans. Nowhere in the employment contract will you find language to the effect that if the fans are pissed the job is in jeopardy.

8. TigerEducated

I get a kick out of SabanFan attempting to denigrate my intelligence while quoting himself by saying, "If LSU wins, I'm happy. If LSU wins, I'm sad."

Comprehend that one, oh mighty Princeton Reviewboy!

Again...The TAF takes my money and spends it on paying John Brady. Are you saying that my money given to Brady is usurped by my status as a fan? How does that work?

I am a fan of President Bush. My tax dollars go to support his campaign, just as it does John Kerry. Does that not give me the right to criticize either?

How about the money that I send to Baton Rouge for Kathleen Babineaux Blank-O to spend? Since I'm "not a fan" of hers, does that mean I have the ability as a nonfan to criticize her? If I were a Blank-O fan, and my taxes supported her salary, would I be disallowed to criticize her because I was a fan?

Please, explain...I am in need of new types of comprehension, Obi-Wan...

9. SabanFan

Read my post again! moron :dis:

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member