Will Coach Miles be at LSU longer than Sabama at Bama?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Nov 12, 2009.

1. RickydSr

RickydSr Founding Member

I can't see Saban's ego living in the Shadow of "The Bear" too long.
    I think once he earns some hardware at Bama, he will be off to rebuild Notre Dame or Penn St.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I can easily see both coaches staying right where they are for quite a while. Both are getting paid rather well, and the LSU and Bama jobs are two of the better gigs in the country.

but at the same time, I can also see either (or both) moving on.
    Saban is still in the honeymoon period in Bama. Before long, him and the fans/media will start to wear on each other. When/if that happens, he may look to greener pastures again. Jobs like Notre Dame and Penn State may be the type he would take.

Fans are already starting to turn on Miles. Our recent success has us thinking that we're ENTITLED to win 11 games a year. Michigan is still a mess. It would be foolish to think that a change can't be made, either by his decision or LSU's.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

would not be mad if miles left for michigan for the same reason i'd want an LSU alum to want to come back home.

however i think we're very unfortuante that saban has probably learned from his mistakes and will be at bama for a very long time unless he doesn't deliver on any championships and the fans run him off.

if i were penn st i'd make a huge run for saban (after joe pa retires/dies) just like if i were ND i'd make a huge run for meyer. neither would move i don't think but you never know. also i OSU ever ran off tressel, they should make a move for saban. saban would dominate in the big ten.

i think it would be funny if 5 years from now mich=ohio st was saban vs miles.

4. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Saban at Bama...I know ppl may not like this but I dont know if Miles will last here and really wouldnt care if he went to Michigan

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

until Bama goes on probation again. :popcorn:.

6. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

i think it would be funny if 5 years from now mich=ohio st was saban vs miles

thats funny !!! you know that could happen!!!!

:milesmic:

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

a lot of people love louisiana b/c of the people here and how quickly we can make it feel like home here.
    despite what most think of saban, he and his family really did love it here.

and there are other places around this country that i go where i always say i could live if i had to, but there is only one home.

and feelings attached to home that no other place can match.

i know miles is from ohio, but he lights up when he talks about michigan. anyone that would fault him for going is just being selfish.

however i don't think RR is going anywhere this year.

8. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Nothing against Les, but I will eat my computer if he is ever offered an NFL head coaching job.

1 person likes this.
  9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

if you do have to eat it I hope it's a Apple!!!

:miles:

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I think if Weiss gets fired, Saban will put feelers out for the Notre Dame job. The idea of having his own network and coaching a team that starts every season at least in the top 25 - despite whether they deserve it or not - would be way too much for Saban's ego to pass up.

Bama has to earn a shot at MNCs through the brutal SEC. If Notre Dame had a coach like Saban, they'd be a shoe-in year in and year out for the poll voters who fawn all over Notre Dame at the drop of a hat. Who would he have to beat?

Also...as someone who made his name as Michigan State's head coach, it is equally plausible that Michigan might consider Saban over Miles for any Michigan opening. On historical prestige, Notre Dame and Michigan rank higher than Alabama.

My money says that Miles stays at LSU longer than Saban does at Alabama.