Will Dooley be back recruiting LA?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TUSKtimes, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

It's ok TUSK. This isn't the first time and probably won't be the last either:hihi:

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Bama should understand that. It's what Saban is generally relegated to in LA. I guess Bell would be the one exception. Sentimore was never a take.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Eddie Lacy

4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Considering the current circumstances at UT, he will be in damage control this year, as has been said. After that, I think you’ll see UT back heavy in Ohio, the Mid-Atlantic States and Georgia and Alabama. Tradition is going to mean a lot in Knoxville for the next year or so. If he is going to bring UT back to the MNC debate, you’ll also see him recruit nationally as they have done in some past years – a few good players from LA, TX, AR, CA, FL, etc. UT really has no choice since the state of Tennessee does not have that much top tier talent year in and year out. Hell, even with Kiffin and Oh No the really good Tennessee talent went out of state.

After this year I think he sets his sights a little higher than Kiffin or Oh No – unlike those two, I think he wants to stay in the SEC for the duration of his college coaching years. I think his emphasis will be on rebuilding the program and I don’t think you’ll see as many marginal qualifiers and Juco players being recruited. If the Vols really learned anything from all this Fulmer/Kiffin mess the last few years, they give him at least 3 years bring the program back up. Only time will tell.

:eek:ldskule:

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

What about him? He had major academic issues and LSU pretty much passed on him until very late in the recruiting process because of it.

Your **** stirring is growing old fast.

6. Mike in Memphis

How is is fine, upstanding gentlemen, Luther Davis doing?

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

This 100%!

Hamilton and Haslem spent a great deal of time talking with Dooley about recruiting and these are the traditional areas Tennessee has done well in. Despite Fulmer's last few years he spent a great deal of time early in his career cultivating North Alabama, North Georgia, the Ohio valley and the western areas of the Carolina's and Virginia's. Management wants to see Tennessee back in those areas heavy and Dooley is on board with that strategy. They can get top 10 classes by concentrating on those areas with the occasional national recruits mixed in. I dont see Dooley in Louisiana with any big push until they reestablish themselves in the traditional areas first.

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Luther Davis saw a ton of action and obviously will be a starter next year.He's a good player, got off to a rocky start went home after his freshman year and didn't sound like he was coming back. Maybe just homesick, I think he had some depression, but has contributed and been steady. January should cheer him up.

Without trying to sound like a "pot stirrer" (99) I really am excited about Sentimore more than any recruit coming from that class. Not because of his heritage just going on information researched. He's the reason I go to spring games. Who are these guys?

9. Mike in Memphis

Well, Luther usually has a lot of funerals to attend - but he keeps his cell phone on so you can find him.

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

LSU didn't offer/wasn't interested.