Will Hitler be seen differently in the future?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 25, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So I listen to a podcast called Dan Carlin's hardcore history, and he has this 5 part series on Genghis Khan. It's actually really cool and informative and it raises this question. Alexander the Great, Julius Ceasar, The Great Khan, there are many rulers in history who were responsible for the the slaughter of people, some way more than Hitler. Will humans some day look back and see Hitler differently? When people talk about Khan, and Alexander, and Ceasar, etc they talk about the great things they did, sure they add in the slaughter of people but people don't think of these 3 men as evil spawns of Satan like they do Hitler. I think Hitler was evil, but will time be kind to him in the future? Will he be seen as more of a conqueror than a crazed lunatic?

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Doubtful

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Really you don't think so? 500 years from now (if humans still even exist) you don't think enough time will have passed to where he is seen in the same light as an Alexander or a Khan? I'm pretty sure Khan and Alexander were responsible for the deaths of way more people too. The Mongols generally killed everyone, man woman child, especially if they resisted. They wiped out entire races. But Genghis is on Mongolian money. Historians see him as a great conqueror not the spawn of Satan like Hitler is seen today.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I am sure that if there is no evidence that he used the word nigger, there is a chance.

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It's all about perspective, I guess there is a chance but you have to take into account the prominence of the Jews in today's world. They will not let it go quietly

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Cracka please

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Please quit...

Every time I see that word, I go get some of these..........

[​IMG]

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Never seen the Ritz brand. Gotta be good.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Carlin has suffered quite a bit of criticism with this train of thought. Genghis Khan has never been thought of as much other than a ruthless conqueror and slaughterer. He is quite comparable to Hitler. But Alexander and Napoleon were quite different. Alexander had not embarked on a vast campaign of racial purification and replacement. Quite the opposite--he wanted to integrate the cultures into his empire and did so successfully.

Hitler was different than all of them in another way. Millions died under Mongol conquest, mostly from starvation, but also from mass killings of people that resisted the invasions. But Hitler killed millions of his own people and specific people of already-subjugated populations in genocidal ethnic cleansing in numbers unheard-of. Hitler accomplished no "great things" at all.

LSUMASTERMIND and Winston1 like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No way Hitler is every remembered fondly. His evil was too organized and planned. It's one thing for a savage horde to ride roughshod over a population raping, burning & looting and killing. Quite another to organize murder on an industrial scale and make an entire nation your accomplices.