Will I burn in hell for this?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dplsu, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Ole War Skule

Ole War Skule Founding Member

Nobody ran on us that night...

'Despite generating only nine first downs to LSU's 26, only 20 rushing yards to LSU's 150, only 189 passing yards to LSU's 257, only 209 yards of total offense to LSU's 407, the then-named Redskins capitalized on five Tigers fumbles to win 21-12 before a hostile crowd of one real, live Bengal tiger and 77,777 fans yelling “Tiger Bait.” '

Still mad about that game!

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Well...who the heck was he?

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Re: Nobody ran on us that night...

I guess I was applying one play I remember to the whole game. I remember the guy scoring a TD in the north endzone on a sweep. Unless I'm thinking of something totally different:dis:

4. dplsu

dplsu Founding Member

The answer is.....

LSU was down 14 to 9. We're deep in Miami's territory and punting. Big John Sells bursts through and blocks a punt. Miami gets the ball on the 35 yard line and scores two plays later putting the final nail in the coffin....

We went 9-3 that year with our only losses coming against Miami (OH), Ole Miss and Nebraska in the Sugar Bowl. Cannot believe we beat Alabama, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Georgia, Florida, etc., and lose to Miama of freakin Ohio and Ole Miss.

Anyway, going to close the deal on Monday.....I'll be taking Big John some LSU paraphanalia for his office.

BengalB....isn't that penance a little harsh????

5. Ole War Skule

Ole War Skule Founding Member

like what, a purple n gold pipe bomb?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

dplsu, your pennance should be no worse than . . say, having to watch the Alabama-Birmingham game video.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Probably is a little harsh. OK you can change back into your LSU clothes after the first quarter. :D

I lived in Mobile during parts of 1994 and 95. Some guys who were mostly Bama fans were watching the infamous game against Auburn when Curley Hallmans dumb play calling caused LSU to blow a big lead in the 4th quarter. Even though they were Tide fans they were all cheering for Auburn. Man, did I catch hell that day. I couldn't even leave because we were watching at my apartment. Thats enough penance that they should build me a Stairway to Heaven.