Will Jawga bite Auburn this year ?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, May 5, 2004.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Yeah, I wuz havin' a bad hair day that afternoon! :grin: But hey, I got a great deal on that coat down at Nordstroms :D :D :D

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

3. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

cadillacattack i thought you were about to say that you saved a lot of money on your car insurance!

4. diamondheadtiger

Nope, that would be trailer insurance, car not yet required. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

5. GoldenFlashes72

GoldenFlashes72 Founding Member

Either way, both he and Tubby have to fix the flats on their house after this season :wink:

6. cadillacattack

who needs trailer insurance? I'm putting all my money into new dental work. If it burns down, I'll just move to Baton Rouge and become a football refugee :D :grin: :D :grin:

7. cadillacattack

Back to the thread topic ....... UGA prolly matches up better against AU than even LSU does in my opinion. But the distinct difference is that it is a border war game - which means anything could happen, regardless of the apparent advantage by one or the other. Not to take anything away from the recent increase in rivalry between LSU/AU as two West opponents, the UGA/AU rivalry is very old, rich in tradition, and has much more at stake in terms of recruiting - the lifeblood of any program.

Example. If you were to ask AU fans in the twenty-something crowd who they'd rather beat, I suspect you'd get a significant response in favor of LSU. But those AU fans that have seen a rodeo or two will tell you that beating Bama and UGA are critical - UGA more critical of late. Had AU not been rife with injuries last year, I truly believe we would've given UGA a closer game.

UGA's D is going to be scary good this season, much the way that LSU's was last season. Teams that beat UGA will likely be forced to score 17 pts or more, which will be a real chore - seriously. I believe Florida can do that, and prolly LSU. Whether Auburn or UT can do it remains to be seen - I think I'll wait to see how we do against LSU before I solidify my opinion on the outcome of UGA since there are just to many question marks about our O-line, our same Achilles heel last season.

I will say this. IMHO, if LSU and Auburn don't significantly improve their kicking games, we may both have difficulty in beating Georgia.

8. sportbama101

sportbama101 Freshman

I vote for uga. I hope we beat auburn this year. Roll Tide

9. edyel

edyel edyel

Georgia will be very good this year,like last year. LSU beat them twice last year because, 1) we were a better team, 2)we had better coaches, 3) we were a better TEAM. UG ain't no slackards, they will mop the floor with AU. this year. :sob:

10. diamondheadtiger

UGA will be good, but some act like they are head and shoulders above the rest. I disagree. We are the defending NC's not the dawgs. Cadillacattack has every reason to feel inferior to Georgia...........he's an Auburn fan.
    They are in the East, where they have not defeated the Gators in about 8yrs and LSU SMOKED em in the SECCG (a home game for them).
    I'll give them respect they deserve as a top notch program in the toughest conference, but certainly won't bow down to em like some on this board (especially you Auburn posters).