will Justin Vincent lead the 2004 tigers?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, May 18, 2004.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

MM was the leader of the 2003 team. Since we can't pick a starting QB, I see Justin Vincent as the clear cut leader of the 2004 Tigers.
    :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :lsug:

2. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I see Skyler as the leader on the offensive side. Vincent seems a little more reserved to me, kinda like how Devery was.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We have three senior All-Americans on this team. Spears, Webster, and Wilkerson. Junior Whitworth is also an All-American and in his final season here, likely. These are the leaders.

Maybe you can't pick a starting QB, but Nick can. Our starting QB is also a senior and has led this team before.

Vincent may lead the team and the conference in rushing, but there is no way a sophomore is going to be the leader of this team. :geaux:

4. olVENICEdog

Skyler has the skillz to pay the bills... But JV will be the man. :thumb:

5. olVENICEdog

What has our senior QB led us to? I can't remember. :dis:

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I'm not a Randall fan yet, however, he did play well enough down the stretch to lead us to the SECC game if a couple of defensive backs had stopped two long plays by Arkansas. He played well enough to win the Cotton Bowl if a couple of defensive backs could have tackled the Texas wide receiver.

Randall probably played as well in the Arkansas and Cotton Bowl game as Mauck did in the Sugar Bowl. However the defense let him down rather than bailing him out. I say probably because I don't have the stats in front of me and it has been awhile since I watched a replay of the Cotton Bowl game.

If we lead the nation in defense again, it won't make a lot of difference who is quarterback. He just needs to execute the offense well enough to score a few points and give the defense some time off the field.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

:shock: May the wrath of TigerEducated be upon you. :eek:

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I don't know who will be the vocal leader, but.................................the Caddy got downsized this year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Hopefully the team will have a character similar to last year's team where they didn't need that one or 2 vocal leaders as most of the players took it on themselves to motivate theirself and each other.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

We also had an offensive line that gave up a lot of sacks that season and had the Qb's running for their lives a ton. We were much better up front last season and should be just as good this year. IMO Randall will never be compared with Montana or Marino but he may just turn out good enough to lead this team to the Orange Bowl. A good offensive line goes a long way in helping a QB get the job done and the #1 defense in the nation doesn't hurt at all either. :geaux: :lsug: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :thumb: :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa