Will LSU beat Bama in 2017?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, May 25, 2017.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Questions & Comments:

Ed Oregon > Nick Saban?

Oeaux...already 0-2 vs. Saban. Will he ever win a game against Saban?

If not, is LSU back in the early to mid 1990's looking for a "Respectable Loss" against Sweet Home?

Some say: " We done got rid of our biggest problem..Miles, heh, heh, heh". But Alleva's driving the new bus & has us in a downward trajectory now. Too bad we couldn't score a single point @home, in 2016, under 0's tutelage & alleged "High energy" corching. Will we score points & more than 7 in Tuscaloosa this year?

Who will replace Coach Dave Aranda in 2018, when he takes the A&M job, or whichever school?

Is Pittsburgh's former OC, Matt Canada, gonna make Saban's ass quit?

Will Alleva's "Hire a Coonass" sales pitch workout in the long run? I know it was an easy & lazy hire. Plan C, D or E. Will Oeaux eventually hire an all Cajun coaching staff?

The "Problem" Oeaux created in New Orleans coaches & recruits, is not fixed, as the local media wags have tried to gloss over. Plus the loss of 6 top recruits from Louisiana ( A Record) plus a damn good WR that decommitted & went to A&M. Oeaux turned Miles 2017 #1 or #2 recruiting class into a #7 or #8 class. Could have used the 2 top LBer's, top DT & top WR. They had no faith in Orgeron.

Regardless of Oeaux's recruiting faux pas, there is no good reason LSU should not go 5-0. Big Les left 4 highly ranked recruiting classes, stocked with talent. Strength if schedule is weak... BYU is the strongest of the first 5 games. But it's O..

13th Best SEC Football Coach
    https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-secs-college-football-coaches-2017

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

From the outside looking in, it appeared to me that LSU improved after, as Tap said, "Ed Oregon" took over. LSU should have defeated Florida, they beat the hell out of Louisville, and played bama tougher than anybody. I thought the Tigers finished very strong.

Right now, nobody'd pick them over Alabama, but it's not out of the question. I don't know how your defense will be this year, but if it is LSU per usual, well that right there gives you a good shot. If your new OC can put together a decent offense, you could definitely take down bama,.. probably not though, not this year, you've got a brand new staff and dare I say, ya need an upgrade at QB. Give your coaches some time, keep faith for the future.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are you hoarse from yelling Roll Tide

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I've been saying, "We will win this year" too long so I'm going to keep my trap shit this year to change our luck. tirk, shane and I may end up going to that game together.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It's away jackass

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I know. I said the other day we'd make a roadie. Oh, you only do home games? I see.

7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Orgeron will give us a chance to win. That is the difference between he and Miles imo. Miles handicapped his team from the outset of every game simply because the other team knew exactly what we were going to do on offense. Orgeron, by hiring Canada, will fix this and Bama will have to play us more honestly. If Etling can make the throws I like our chances against them provided our defense can perform the way we did last year.

CajunlostinCali and Winston1 like this.
  8. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I have no idea what to expect this year. I was on the O train from the beginning. And I remain on the side of those who say that this is a new staff with new rules and ideas... with a team who has to "relearn" what they have learned. And therefore all we can really do at this point is sit back and watch what happens. And hope like hell this new staff can pull something together. Would love to see us beat the shit out bammer for a change. I don't think it's impossible by any means. I have no doubt that we'll give them more fight than they'll get from other teams this season. Last year they scored fewer points against us than the rest of their season. Even though we lost, I thought we did well to hold them down that low when they were pretty much blowing the rest of their opponents away.

TheRealist and shane0911 like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Let's not forget about the holding on their touchdown that was convenient conveniently overlooked by the refs. Game was a lot closer than 10 points.

10. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Oh yes, there is also that.