will LSU have more passing or rushing yards and who

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by purpleloungefly, Oct 22, 2003.

1. purpleloungefly

purpleloungefly Baking & destroying

will lead in each.

I think it will be pretty even with a few more yards passing than rushing with Henderson being the leading receiver and Vincent the leading rusher.

passing yards= 210

rushing yards= 189

and the main thing of course is that LSU wins 28-13

2. Russell Durham

Russell Durham Founding Member

I think finally Michael Clayton has a big game - that matters. I also think we may be looking at the beginning of what Auburn has now, with their three running backs. Can you imagine JaMarcus Russell or Matt Flynn in 2 years with those kind of running backs, and the pass being opened up to throw to the likes of Amp Hill, Dwayne Bowe, Skykler Green and possibly Early Doucet and Xavier Carter. We're talking about a Texas Tech east.

3. purpleloungefly

purpleloungefly Baking & destroying

the future looks extremely bright and a texas Tech of the east would be nice except that we would have a much better overall team than texas tech.

4. Russell Durham

This is true. I was just talking about the scoreboard aspect of it. Who knows in a couple of years we might be right up there with the Oklahoma's and the Miami's of the world.

5. aurockhunter

aurockhunter Freshman

Do ya'll mind me giving my opinion? If Mauck throws as well as he did against USC, it will be more passing yards. I think ya'll will have some rushing yards, but will have to throw to win. If ya'll are able to run the ball successfully, it might be a long night for my AU Tigers. AU has better receivers than what you hear about, but if LSU is able to stop AU's rushing attack, I personally don't think Campbell will beat you with his arm. He's a very accurate passer given time, but if he's pressured heavily, he gets "happy feet". Shall be interesting.

6. Russell Durham

Don't mind at all, when I looked at the schedule this year Auburn was the one team that scared me. Don't know if it's just that I hate them or that the games with them are always so tight.

7. aurockhunter

aurockhunter Freshman

Well, I'll say this, if both teams play the way they're capable, this could be a classic. Games like this is why I love college football so much.

8. Russell Durham

Yup. Every major publication has it picked as Game of the Week. Would be a perfect time for Gameday to be in Baton Rouge but they are at the Bowling Green / Northern Illinois game. You tell me which one is going to be better.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Well, maybe not. He only had 199 yards against USC. 20-24 for 199 yards against Auburn will be fine with me. Those kind of numbers generally indicate a well played game all around for the entire team.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It ain't the backs and receivers, if you ask me. Both teams have capable RBs, QB's and WR's. The offensive and defensive lines are going to decide this game.

LSU's offensive line has a question mark with OG Livings out with a knee injury. LSU's defensive line is tall, strong, quick, smart, and athletic. I expect the DL to shine on Saturday, as usual.

I think Jimbo will go with a balanced attack. If the LSU offense gets one-dimensional, the Barn is good enough to exploit it.